The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Spy runner 99

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luii90

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2012
Olympia, Washington
So I recently purchased this 99 spyder for two reasons.
1. beat on it at the track with little attachment for the car
2. be able to cut, weld, do whatever is necessary to be quick. I couldn't do that to my '99 GSX

Currently in the process is making a roll bar. I have no experience with tubing or welding for that matter, so when it comes to safety equipment I'll leave it to the professionals.

Next will be suspension, currently rocking some tein can coilovers not my #1 choice but that's my opinion. From previously owning FEALS suspension which were great at the track and road it's a dead guarantee I will be buying another set maybe if i can afford the 442's that would be great.

Any who it will definitely be a project a fun one at that and I will post as much as possible and attach videos along the way.

Right now just tighten up the engine bay and after i clean the rc injectors I will be going in for a tune on the black box ecu.

Stay tuned guys!

So today I got to it and began to strip the interior for future roll bar coming soon!! Getting roll bar done real cheap, doing a basic 4 pt just so I can enter Cali tracks. In the future I'll have a full roll bar. Here's some pics of the process so far.

Also had a chance to install black greddy bov and black dejon intake pipe, getting the engine bay all blacked out. Love the almost stock look too!

Stay tuned guys

Attachments

• IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3340.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3342.JPG
    IMG_3342.JPG
    367.2 KB · Views: 44
Roll bar is complete here is the final product. The guy did an amazing job especially for under $800.

Now for Paint should I go with red or black or even white on the roll bar???

Attachments

• IMG_3402.JPG
    IMG_3402.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3405.JPG
    IMG_3405.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 48
I ended up painting it red. That is the first session of paint tomorrow morning second round the. Shoot some clear for that glossy look

Attachments

• IMG_3412.JPG
    IMG_3412.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3415.JPG
    IMG_3415.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 37
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back