The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

"SPUN-CAT" Opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUTSI

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2002
T.O., Ontario_Canada
'Sup everyone.....

Was hoping to get some feedback/opinions on these types of cats. They're called 'spun cats'...Magnaflow makes em.

Supposedly they outflow 'highflow' cats....and are more durable (I think there's a metallic substrate that surrounds the ceramic honeycomb)

Has anybody on here heard anything...or better yet, any personal experiences?

I've seen one in person, and they do look like they would flow more, and they're small as hell! Almost like running a straight pipe...
....too good to be true?

Looking forward to gettin some positive info on this...

(pic below)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Take the cat off. I know "But it won't pass inspection." That cat won't pass inspection in most shops. I am a licensed NY State inspector and that would not get passed by me. There is no way to be sure it is a cat when itt is on the car. The only way I might pass it is, if you paid me to take the exhaust off to look at the inside. So if your thinking about that you might as well just take the cat off and have less restriction.

I passed off a summit glass pack resonator muffler thing as a cat. Ohio is stupid, and so is E-Check. I told him it wouldnt fit with the sheild on it, so I took it at it.

Personally I haven't run one but have heard they aren't as effective as your typical high flow cat (of course you can't always believe what you hear). So my thoughts are, though it may not be as good as a regular high flow cat, its still going to be more helpful then no cat at all. I don't know about your area, but around me they have never looked under the car for a cat. Also being your awd, I would think you should have no problems passing the two stage idle test with that cat as some pass with no cat at all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back