The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Spring Decision help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandTSI

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2005
Charlottetown, Prince_Edward_Island_Canada
So Its time to order some springs. I have narrowed it down to either H&R sports or Eibach prokits. Both would be paired up with agx's.

Im looking for a moderate drop, not slammed but a nice noticeable drop. Can anyone chime in with some pros and cons of the two springs? I searched but there was nothing on the H&R's.

So Its time to order some springs. I have narrowed it down to either H&R sports or Eibach prokits. Both would be paired up with agx's.

Im looking for a moderate drop, not slammed but a nice noticeable drop. Can anyone chime in with some pros and cons of the two springs? I searched but there was nothing on the H&R's.

Eibach prokits are a SLIGHT drop. Noticable, but slight. I have them on my car and I can take speed bumps and roll into my drive way (rounded curb, about 3" high) with out scraping. they're a progressive spring design (I'm not sure if the H&Rs are the same) the ride is smooth, but when you throw it in a turn it holds up well.

hope this helps.

search harder....j/k
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242876

I run the H&R OE springs with Koni Yellows. The biggest differance between the Eibachs and the H&Rs are the spring rates. The H&Rs are 100lbs stiffer than the Eibachs, and the H&R OE and Sports are the same spring rate. OEs drop is 1" where the Sports are 1.5".

If this is purely a street setup either will work (Eibachs are a hair bit more comforatble). If you are mixing in some twisties then I would recommend the firmer H&R. Would also recommend saving your money and getting a better dampner than the AGXs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back