The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Spring 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllWheelRS

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2009
Orange County, New_York
By March 2010 I was able to afford the rest of the parts I wanted to drom the motor back in. which included Some urethane mounts, a lightened flywheel, 2100lb clutch pressure plate, with new street clutch disc, and a bunch of other goodies. I should mention that removing my 14b from the stock manifold snapped a few bolts so the hot side of the 14b had to be machined to the tune of $160, I was not happy that they did the work without telling me the price. I also had a bit of a hard time finding some parts, like the oil feed line eyebolt for the NT head, but by March 6th the motor was ready to go back in. While moving the motor from my shed to my driveway almost 100ft away in the snow, the engine stand decided to snap at the welds at the halfway point and the motor landed timing belt first onto a patch of ice. Not my finest moment, but I was able to lift the motor onto a tire and get some sleep for the night, the next morning I spent 3 hours dragging the motor to my driveway alone, only for my buddy who was helping to drop the motor to show up 15 minutes after I had it to the driveway hah.

The motor and tranny went in that same day, but I did not attmept to crank it because of how dark and cold it got by about 5pm. After work the next day I tied up all the loose ends and went to crank her over and got nothing. It turns out, the previous owner removed the main 80amp fuse and I spent another 2 hours testing wires to figure this out :ohdamn: After that fuster cluck the accessories were working, but the motor still wouldn't turn over, so back to testing wires. Luckily this time I was smart enough to realize that I had just left a main harness plug disconnected and it only took me 5 minutes. The engine fired right up after some priming and runs great.

That brings me to today unfortunately I moved 2 weeks after and had to leave the Laser behind until at least Fall 2010. Once I can get back up to NY I will be bringing her home and now that the cars road ready I can start looking into my next modifications.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back