The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Sport Compact Car Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ingrates should be happy a DSM is on there, period.

Regardless of whether you think it's "good enough."

:rolleyes:

leet said:
You ingrates should be happy a DSM is on there, period.

Regardless of whether you think it's "good enough."

:rolleyes:

Exactly. You people complain about mags never featuring DSM's, one does and all you can do is bi*** about it. WTF :toobad:

Well you have to admit, they picked a lame car to feature. Of all the DSMs that runs 12's with a little 300 whp on the cover. They put the nugget, that can only run 13.5 with his 350whp. Thats a little bit discrediting.

laserspeeddemon said:
Well you have to admit, they picked a lame car to feature. Of all the DSMs that runs 12's with a little 300 whp on the cover. They put the nugget, that can only run 13.5 with his 350whp. Thats a little bit discrediting.

Once again, just be glad ANY DSM is there. Period.

Laser4G63 said:
What's wrong with fat chicks? :nono:

They're like mopeds, sure they're fun to ride, but you sure wouldn't want to be caught by your friends on one. LOL!

RoasT BeeF said:
What a joke. That car is weak.

Hard to tell by reading the article, but they make it sound like after the article he upgraded to a 190lph fuel pump. Apparently he was running 660cc injectors on the stock pump on a green. Sounds like a hackjob of a setup if you ask me considering all the work he's done to the rest of the car.

laserspeeddemon said:

I say good. Now that'll keep the retards from buying them hopefully. "Did you read SCC it takes an awd talon 350hp to run 13.5 and that was on a $1000 turbo. Then the article with the little fwd colt that made 410hp only ran a 13.5 as well. Mitsu's suck"

I'll let them keep thinking that all day long, meanwhile I'll be laughing my ass off as one of our local guys keeps turning 12.1's on his small 16g and sidemount :shhh:

I remember seeing the magazine about a year back with the white gsx and the vette lined up, I was very pleased to see that a dsm did make it on the cover. However, this time, I am still happy a dsm is on the cover but they could have picked a better candidate. Did the writer of the article express that he/she thought that the time was a bit high for that set up or anything negative?

Holy shit, the bitching women in this thread is almost too much to stomach. You whiners are just jealous your cars didn't make the cover. Cry me a river! :rolleyes:

this is sickening. the 350 hp?! thats 150 more than stock. complain complain complain, i will be buying this issue when it comes out to stores. "why couldnt they ahve a 1000hp dsm" minds well complain about that too...

my_precious said:
this is sickening. the 350 hp?! thats 150 more than stock. complain complain complain, i will be buying this issue when it comes out to stores. "why couldnt they ahve a 1000hp dsm" minds well complain about that too...

190 more if you consider a stock DSM dynos about 160. I'm going to buy an issue as well just because of these idiots.

i bought mine two weeks ago at advanced... i was what the hell autozone still has the old one out.... oh well i think it is good to finally see a dsm in it but i was disapointed to see the numbers :(

Car was dynoed at about 370 horsepower and about 390 torque weigh 3140 without driver and ran a 13.5 1/4 time. Stock fuel pump or not that is pretty disappointing. It might be a while for another DSM to get a cover but I personally could care less. I know what My car can do and it wouldn't t be doing 13.5 with the amount of power. My friend with a Honda 92 hatchback GSR motor swap dynoed at 180 to the wheels ran a 13.6. Just my opinion

gsjoeygst said:
Did you guys forget about Roys car that did 700hps or something like that. It was a silver 2g on the cover of the mag.

Yeah, then I remember he broke the rules trying to sell it here, got a huge attitude, and was subsequently banned.

gsjoeygst said:
Did you guys forget about Roys car that did 700hps or something like that. It was a silver 2g on the cover of the mag.

My bi*** is, how often do you see a DSM featured in any of those "Honda rags" let alone on the cover? I guess, all in all, it really doesn't matter because it gives the competition that much less to read about :)

I'm no DSM expert. That being said, the guy who built the car actually made a real attempt to significantly improve the car's handling. Unfortunately, we are a community where it's much more common to have an 11-second car on worn-out stock suspension. The 1Gs especially (but all DSM's) have a brilliant basic suspension design. It's a damned shame that many of us don't choose to maximize it's potential.

Edit: and this is why I think it stood out to the SCC editors.

jp171 said:
I'm no DSM expert. That being said, the guy who built the car actually made a real attempt to significantly improve the car's handling. Unfortunately, we are a community where it's much more common to have an 11-second car on worn-out stock suspension. The 1Gs especially (but all DSM's) have a brilliant basic suspension design. It's a damned shame that many of us don't choose to maximize it's potential.

exactly, I really wish we could get some more suspension mods for dsm but alas we can't becuase driving in a striaght line is more importnat. I guess that's what happens when you have an awd platform to build off of that makes power quite easy. You make a really good point that during the entire aritcle they made many many referances to the fact that dsm's CAN turn and stop if setup right, if you notice they never really went over his engine mods in detail like for the other cars they were entirely more focused on his custom suspension set up and brake set up.

PRAISE THE LORDY LORD!!!

Exactly. The article is making a point that dsms are great all-round cars, not just tubbed out pigs that look like ass and can make power easily. Thats the main reason why i think SCC IS the best tuner magazine out there right now. No, not just tuner, let me rephrase... best "car enthusiast" magazine. If you notice in the "Best Under $10" article, the dsm is the only powerhouse out of the whole bunch, aside from the 300zx and possibly the RX-7. All the others are great all-round cars that are fun to drive and have great potential if you know what your doing.

I think people just take the easy way out and make DSMs rediculously fast without looking at other tuning potential that can be had.

jp171 said:

The main issue is he could make the same power with room to grow on a smaller turbo to compliment the handling ability. The Green is more suited for big power which he is not making.

95eclipseGST008 said:
The main issue is he could make the same power with room to grow on a smaller turbo to compliment the handling ability. The Green is more suited for big power which he is not making.

so your saying 372 hp to the wheels and 391lb/ft torque isn't big power. I would say that is damn decent power for a very very very streetable car. Oh and the green is not a "big" turbo by any means and its limits are very easily reached.

For some odd reason I was always under the impression that the fp green was a straight 50 trim, but scc stated that it was a 56 trim. Was this also a typo or have I always mistaken the fp green as a 50 trim? WTF

Holy crap, guys... I just saw the magazine and was about to post that I was proud to have a DSM on the cover... Then I had to read this entire thread with everyone crying that it doesnt make enough power :notgood: . He put a decent amount of work into the car and he obviously cares more about having a good all around car rather than a 1/4 mile car. Anyone who feels the need to cry about how dudes not fast enough, just be proud to have a featured DSM on the cover. But for those of you who really feel the need to cry about it, what you should probably do is go to the bathroom, pull down your pants, squat over a mirror and check for sand in your p*ssy because thats how your acting... :cry: Get over it. :notgood:

98eclipseRS said:
so your saying 372 hp to the wheels and 391lb/ft torque isn't big power. I would say that is damn decent power for a very very very streetable car. Oh and the green is not a "big" turbo by any means and its limits are very easily reached.

Oh he is making plenty of power, so either bro can't drive worth a damn or its a typo.

It don't matter how good your suspension is, even if you're a race on road tracks, if you can't run a 372 whp AWD talon under 13 seconds in the 1/4. Then you probably will get your ass handed to you in any other event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back