The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Sporadic High idle only after driving for a while

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guardianspawn1980

Probationary Member
May 27, 2021
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Ok I’m the morning I can crank my car (420a) and drive to work (1 hour drive) no problems at all But In the afternoons she starts to idle high jumping between 15-2300 RPMs, it usually starts when I’m stuck in stop and go traffic on 95. I’ve, replaced all sensors on the intake manifold, cleaned the throttle body, checked the throttle body cable and checked for vacuum leaks. I even went sensor by sensor pulled each pin and pushed the lil leaf spring type connectors high in the pins to insure I’m getting good connectivity between leads. Nothing is changing. Here’s the weird kicker. When it’s acting up I can push forward on the TPS and it will correct itself until I let go of it. And it’s a brand new TPS less the 500 miles on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help. It turned out to be my new TPS was not ORM spec and was going bad after less then 1500 miles. Lol that’s what you get for buying a $20 part off eBay I guess the material ls used where inferior. I spent the average $60 at O’rallies and it fixed the problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back