The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Spooling sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMMIKE413

Probationary Member
Apr 28, 2012
Rocky hill, Connecticut
I opened up my downpipe on my 2g gsx, completely stock. It sounds ok but id like to hear a louder spool and despool, any tips? Im getting my intake soon, which will probobly help, but i want its to sound close to an srt4, ive seen some gsx's who sound exactly like it if not better:dsm:

A hard intake pipe will make the biggest difference by far! and if your on the smic get hard intercooler piping that will make a big difference too... but mainly a louder spool will come from a bigger turbo pushing more psi thats where its going to make a huge difference.. i have an evo III 16g on my car with a hard intake pipe and hard intercooler piping just like i did on my old t25 gsx and the 16g spool up is much louder and has a more distince turbo sound.. and all around sounds beefier and more agressive

I've never heard someone care about the "spool sound" ...

A hard intake pipe will make the biggest difference by far! and if your on the smic get hard intercooler piping that will make a big difference too... but mainly a louder spool will come from a bigger turbo pushing more psi thats where its going to make a huge difference.. i have an evo III 16g on my car with a hard intake pipe and hard intercooler piping just like i did on my old t25 gsx and the 16g spool up is much louder and has a more distince turbo sound.. and all around sounds beefier and more agressive

Exactly, I dunno about a t-25, but with a 14b you'd really have to listen for "The spooling sound." However I swapped to an E316g and the car sounds like a diesel truck spooling, but it does depend on the size of the turbo. I drove a Beetle turbo and I had to roll the window down and stick my head out to hear anythingROFL

Exactly, I dunno about a t-25, but with a 14b you'd really have to listen for "The spooling sound." However I swapped to an E316g and the car sounds like a diesel truck spooling, but it does depend on the size of the turbo. I drove a Beetle turbo and I had to roll the window down and stick my head out to hear anythingROFL

ROFL i know what your talking about! My friends chevy cruise is turbo and honestly i bet the turbo is smaller than the t 25 and on about 3 psi because you literally cant hear it at all LOL it sounds like a baby is whistling and thats with the windows down

ya i figured that much, the intercooler i bought was too big for my t25 though:/

A FMIC is only going to hurt performance on the stock t25 honestly get rid of that pos and get a 14b or 16g you can get one used for pretty cheap and on the same psi that you would be on the t25 you will feel more power

Ya i figured that, but i need to get some supporting mods first, my gsx is completely stock, im ordering a bunch of stuff soon anyways, you think the 16g will do gine with my stock intercooler with hard piping? I wasnt planning on running crazy boost though

I ran a small 16 with a fmic, boost controller, 3 inch exhaust, and hard intake pipe. You could hear the turbo spooling plain as day even when you weren't trying to make boost. Only downside was boost creep. But that was on 15 lbs of boost and just basic mods.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back