The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

spool up time on a 60-1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20MIRAGEGT

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 24, 2006
TAMPA, Florida
what do u guys think is the spool up time on this 60-1.

COMPRESSOR SPECS:T04S

flow: 61 lbs/min 781cfm

.70 A/R housing

60-1 TRIM wheel

TURBINE SPECS:T3

.48 A/R housing

HIGH FLOW 76 TRIM stg 3 wheel

oil lubricated centersection.

COMES STANDARD WITH 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING!!

supportable of 525whp!

by when do yall think i'll hit full boost?

What motor and what cams are we talking about?

Just an FYI, that .48 A/R on the hotside will help it spool more quickly than say a .63 but may create restriction if you want to rev the motor high.

What motor and what cams are we talking about?

Just an FYI, that .48 A/R on the hotside will help it spool more quickly than say a .63 but may create restriction if you want to rev the motor high.
ported head
crower springs and retainers
bc 272 cams
ported stock intake mani
sbr t3 tubular mani (just order today)
38mm tial ext wg
tial bov
dsmlink
255walbro
720cc inj
maf-t setup
Ngk wb
fmic
stock 6 bolt block.

With the small hotside maybe around 4000-4400 but that's just conjecture. It could be a little higher or lower.

Another FYI: You don't have enough injector to run a 60-1 at a boost level where it's happiest (25 psi or more). 850's or 950's would be a better choice.

We don't guess or bench race here. Put it on a dyno and find out firsthand.

How high you can rev is based on how well the head is built (springs and retainers) and also if the bottom end and transmission are built. Without a built tranny you can rev to 9K but good luck shifting it. All major engine and driveline components need to be beefed up to handle the extra revs.

Another FYI: You don't have enough injector to run a 60-1 at a boost level where it's happiest (25 psi or more). 850's or 950's would be a better choice.

With race gas, he has plenty. On pump gas, 25psi, he has plenty. A 60-1 isn't going to flow much more than than 50 trim will at 25psi. I've run 660's into the mid 90's IDC with a 50 trim and pump gas. His 720's will be fine. He could always bump up base fuel pressure a bit if he was getting close.

For the most part...you can't take a 60-1 on straight pump gas much higher than 25psi anyway.

well i'll be ordering my turbo tomo, but i haven't desided yett its either going to be a 50trim , 60 trim, or 60-1.....

720's at 43 psi base fuel pressure will support 55 lbs/min max on pump gas at 100% IDC with an A/F of 11.5:1 (fairly aggressive).

I could understand trying to use something like this if there were no such thing as DSM Link or chipped ECU's but in today's day and age it's pointless to run small injectors whe the ability control larger ones and run lower IDC's is easily attained. A fuel system should always be over built to allow for more headroom. There's simply no excuse not to.

Exactly what Andy said. My mechanic is running custom 1850cc injectors but he is running E85 fuel. He has bought injectors like three times. He told me if you have the dsmlink never buy smaller than 1600's. I was about to say go with 1600's since you have dsmlink and they are not much more. Under $400 at fuelinjectorclinic.com.

i bought the injectors way before i for i got dsmlink , but might sale them to upgrade to some 1000cc injectors.

720's at 43 psi base fuel pressure will support 55 lbs/min max on pump gas at 100% IDC with an A/F of 11.5:1 (fairly aggressive).

I could understand trying to use something like this if there were no such thing as DSM Link or chipped ECU's but in today's day and age it's pointless to run small injectors whe the ability control larger ones and run lower IDC's is easily attained. A fuel system should always be over built to allow for more headroom. There's simply no excuse not to.

Andy, did you use that Excel Spreadsheet calculator to determine this? I have it and was wondering how accurate it is. I've used some calculations on it to determine what exactly I need for my future setup.

Just to give you an idea of spool im running a t4 60trim with a .68 a/r and in third gear I get 25psi by 5k.That is with stock cams and intake manifold.

Andy, did you use that Excel Spreadsheet calculator to determine this? I have it and was wondering how accurate it is. I've used some calculations on it to determine what exactly I need for my future setup.

Yup, that's the one I use (created by Kevin Jewer) and it pegged my fuel issue with 650's right on so I'd consider it pretty accurate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back