The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

spinal surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3kgt2nv

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2011
poughkeepsie, New_York
went awesome. no complications and will be home in 2-3 days. cant touch the car for 2 weeks though. thanks everyone that was asking about me

thanks everyone. mega pain mode has engaged and does not feel good. anesthesia must have worn off and am waiting for new pain meds to kick in

Keep in mind, that two week restriction is just the soonest the Dr might clear you to do something physical. I had my second L4/L5 discectomy in Jan, and I still need to watch what I do or the nerves go nuts. ;)

Hope you have a stellar recovery.

getting released today, on 6 weeks of no bend lift twist. otherwise everything went and looks good

Got stuck for one day more. Doc wants me to lay flat for 3the days. So going home tomorrow

It's really Nice to hear a positive result on spinal surgery these days, i'd put mine off for years and years because back in 2001 when i first needed it there was never anyone saying anything good about the outcomes they personally had, these days things have changed a LOT!!

Hope the insurance is covering it they can get pricey when you've got to pay out of pocket

Take it from some one who's been through a lot of surgeries and other fixes, and GO to your physical therapy and take it very seriousely and no matter how boring and lame it seems follow through with it. I didn't on one surgery and i can tell the results are hugely different in the finla outcome.

I will go read the other thread when i get back from dinner with the folks, but i wish you all the best, I've had operations, reconstructions and if i can offer ONE piece of advice aside from the PT, that's to be CAREFULL with the pain meds, I've been on them for 11 years and due to a recent doctor change i had to come off of 30mg Oxycodone 6 times a day and aong with time release and other various narcotics you'll never realize how addicted you are until it's way too late.. Even after a few weeks you'll have 3 days of sweating, and constant bathroom visits to puke or crap, I went through hell even with methadone to make the transition to "no meds" easier and it puts you through a lot

Now i've had to learn and am still trying to accept that a genetic condition i inherited is eating my muscles and nervous system out of my body (which these results or defects i "thought" were further complications from the reconstruction and the meds but turned out I was wrong), But none the less, take your recovery seriousely, I remember making videos of me wheelying motorcycle in circles and down the street for miles when i was still in a hip to ankle brace after a knee reconstruction and thinking back with the things i know now i canc't bevieve i was that stupid, one wrong move and i probablyu wouldn't have a left lkower leg still (origianlly the repair was said to be the worst they've ever fixed and not amputated here at the NE Ortho HOspital)

Trust me though, many others i know have regular pain and problems to this day and all of them admiut it's from either not following the orders of PT, "Down time" to not be active and from not taking proper care of the injury through life..so remember that and take care of your healing

Yeah i have 6to weeks of no bending,lifting more than 5 pounds or twisting. Pt is still to be decided but so far it just means more restrictions than anything

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back