The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Speedometer Not Working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowoldman

Probationary Member
Feb 13, 2004
Charlotte, North_Carolina
Sorry if I get wordy.

I rebuilt my motor and put it back in and hooked up everything (I believe anyway). Car runs great :laugh: but no speedometer OMG .

I checked the wiring.
5v pin 1.
Ground Pin 2.
Nothing on pin 3. I ASSumed pin 3 is the output and the manual seems to agree.

Checked to make sure the conection was good between the ECU and pin 3 and not shorted to ground. All Good.

So I concluded it must be the speed sensor. $75 later I installed it and still no speedo :( .

Does anyone know what else I could have not hooked up that could cause no speedometer?

Here is my solution.

The car has a 6-Bolt swap. It turns out the Crankshaft Sensor and the speed sensor have identical conectors. Unfortunately my connector for the speed sensor was broken so it didn't look like the right one. This was an issue because the 6-bolt doesn't have a crankshaft sensor. Since the plug that looked right for the speed sensor was not plugged in I used it. Just a note for others doing the swap: Remove the crankshaft connector so you won't plug it in the wrong place.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back