The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Speedo Needles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
So i took off my needles to redo my gauge faces. I marked the needle locations and all, but i still screwed em up, i sorta rushed.

How do i get them back to reading correct, any tricks?

I havent really found anything other than getting a new cluster. (which isnt a bigthing, just dont want to rule everything out just yet!)

I've screwed up to many gauge clusters before by removing the needles. I've now learned to finagle the gauge faces around the needles without removing them which can be like a Chinese box puzzle sometimes. But i've removed and installed gauge faces before on my 2G without having to remove needles, so all i can say is: :tease:

Just kidding, sorry i couldn't help, but i thought i'd share some grief with you at least :p

So i took off my needles to redo my gauge faces. I marked the needle locations and all, but i still screwed em up, i sorta rushed.

How do i get them back to reading correct, any tricks?

I havent really found anything other than getting a new cluster. (which isnt a bigthing, just dont want to rule everything out just yet!)

Pull the gages apart to where you can take the needles back off and put it back in the car that way. Boost and oil you should be able to do when you turn the ignition on, they should go to the 0 mark. Fuel you might want to fill the tank first then put the needle on. Coolant you should probably fire up the engine and wait until you think it is fully warmed up then put the needle back where you last remember it being when warm. Tach you can do while the engine is warming up so long as you wait until it sounds like it is at a normal idle for your car. Speed is the tricky one... There really is no good way to do it sitting still but if there is a big empty parking lot then just put the car in first gear and idle along while you line up the needle that should be about 5mph with the needle just off the pin. Then if you don't have a GPS you can use the mile markers to check your speed on the freeway, you just might piss some people off by actually doing 60 when they are all trying to do 85. LOL For the time being though put the needles on loose enough so that you don't have to pry them off if you think you need to make any adjustments... Just don't try making any adjustments while driving. That could end very badly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back