The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink Speed Density Setup q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsukid02

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Hey everyone! So i have my MAP OMNI 4-bar sensor, and GM IAT sensor. The way i set up SD on my lancer was to simply take out the stock MDP sensor, and replace it with the new OMNI 4-bar MAP sensor (i have an aftermarket alum IM so i plan on drilling and tapping to mount it to the IM), and the factory harness should plug in correct? and then fit the IAT to the UICP after the BOV, and wire it up to the ECU... Is this the same for the 2G 6-bolt setup??

Also, once i have the MAP installed, and the IAT wired up, do i simply enable SD tuning in ECMlink and im good to go, or will i need to really mess with the tune to get the car to idle and run ok? Thanks guys!

You could spend a few bucks and get a plug and play harness from this link. (This was my option and I am happy that I did it)

ECMTuning, Inc.

You could also wire the sensors in yourself following the instructions on this page. You will also need to start on this page and follow the setup instructions for what to do inside like to make this work. Also read the SD101 page for more info.

sdsetup [ECMTuning - wiki]

You can also follow this guide for setting up SD. This guide was very helpful to me and if you are somewhat new will be very helpful.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/395564-how-tune-1g-v3-sd-ecmlink-no-maf.html

Robert

Awesome thanks man! While I was on lunch break at work, I drilled a hole in my intake Mani, and tapped threads ( I have an aftermarket all alum IM so I had to make a hole for the map sensor to mount on the IM) and removed my MDP and fit my MAP sensor on the IM. the factory connection from the MDP fits.right on to my OMNI 4-bar, so basically all I have to.do.now is wire the IAT to the ECU and then configure SD in ECMlink right? The omni MAP is plug and play looks like am I correct here?

I am not questioning your work ethic, but is your intake manifold on the car. :confused: I would hate for some metal shavings to get down in your motor. OMG

Once you get the IAT wired in, you need to follow the setup in post 2 above and look at the "How to tune a ......." link to set link up. There are a few things to do in there before you get it running. Then fine tuning will be your next hurdle.

As far as the Omni being plug and play, I am not sure. The one that ECMlink sells is in a GM 3 bar housing and to my knowledge is not plug and play. I would not put power to the sensor until I made sure the right pin was receiving the right signal. I would hate for you to toast the sensor before first startup.

Robert

Of corse I didn't drill while it was on the car, I took the IM off LOL! I will deff follow the links above that were mentioned. On my lancer all I.did was remove the MDP and replace it with the MAP and it was fine, that's why I was asking to see if anyone else has used the OMNI 4-bar sensor, I would like to be able to use this sensor since I already took it off the lancer to use on the GSX, would suck to buy a GM if I can use the OMNI that I already have know what I mean?

The Omni 4 bar does work with ECMlink and in the 2g. In fact, this is the sensor that ECMlink sells and recommends. The only thing is I do not know if you can just plug and play. The sensor will work if wired and logged properly. No need to buy anything else. :)

Robert

i have everything installed, but i cant find the "Speed Density" under BaseMAFtype in ECMlink?? only think i have is this

ECU-INPUTS> "Input pin=MDP">"connected sensor"=Omni Power 4-BAR

"Manifold Pressure (MAP) i have selected (MDP)

But there is no "Speed density" in BaseMAFtype, im confused

Are you looking at the drop down menu on the MAF Comp screen and not the ECU Inputs screen?

Yeah i have the MAF comp screen up now, but only thing it displays is (stock, EVO8/3G, GM 3'' GM 3.5")

And on WIKI SD setup, it shows in the ECU input screen, there is another drop down menu to select what MAP sensor type, i dont have that either... im using ECMlink v3.22 i asume i have the most up to date version because i just tried downloading ECMlink again

The firmware version is 3.17 however, does this matter?

It sounds like you might be using a v2.5 chip but the v3 software. Or did you purchase a v3 package with the red EPROM chip?

Not really sure since ECMlink was already installed by the previous owner if the car, is there any way i can tell? I know im deff missing some drop down menus for sure :hmm:

Do you have a button on the bottom of the screen (while viewing the values/graph) that says something about Direct Access? If not, then you're running a v2.5 chip which doesn't allow speed density.

on the bottom of the screen while viewing a log/ graph/ values i have these options

"Start stream" "Start Capture" "ECU config" "Direct Access" is that what you mean? thanks for the quick replys btw!

Ok, so you have v3. It looks like according to the firmware change log that SD was implemented in 3.18, so I would do an upgrade.
ECMTuning, Inc.

Thanks bro, i shall report back after firmware update

firmware upgrade fixed the issues. I have it set up and running, had a horrible surge but it was because the hole was slightly bigger that i drilled for the map sensor, letting the RTV sit overnight, ill update tomorro if i have any more q's thanks!

UPDATE- so I have the OMNI in place of my MDP and my MAF sensor removed. The way I have it setup in ECMlink is "INPUT PIN"(MDP) > "INPUT SENSOR"(OMNI POWER 4-BAR) > "SENSOR NAME"(MAP) > "SENSOR DESCRIPTION"(OMNI POWER 4-BAR) is how I have it setup in "ECU inputs" in dsmlink, however, when trying to do a live datalog trace on the SD map, it tells me I don't have the MAP sensor logged, so I go.to the graph in live data logging, select MAP for the omni 4bar, but for some reason it wont show on dsmlink, it appears on the bottom next ro everything else im logging but its faded out. My MDP reads normal in the log? And the sensor is working because wouldn't the car not start if I removed the MAF? Car idles and drives well. Any ideas?!

^ This guy is fast. I know where to find the info but far from remembering it all. :)

Here is a link to making sure that the sensor is properly set up on the logging side.

installnewsensor [ECMTuning - wiki]

The only thing left to do after the item is captured is to put it on the "Displayed values" so that it will show in your logs.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this done in the ecu input tab? If so then yes I did add the "map" to display list, hmmm.. im lost here.. also airflow per rev is around 42 instead of 25, this indicate a boost leak?

UPDATE just figured out the MAP issue, idk for some reason it didn't get saved, it shows now in my loggs :) but the airflow rev is still. 35 not. 25 fully warm

Thanks for the quick replys! I got the MAP to log, ill do a leak test and then if that fixes it ill start to tune the idle/ cruise and then wot. Ill update if I get stuck again, thanks guys great place here to help!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back