The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

speed density on link only?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you want to run it without link than you will need to run ds.map and use a moates ostrich to tune with.

Ok, so there isn't an option like with the gm maf then? Not even a chip burned with the SD option? sorry for newb questions, I cant afford link and my current stock maf needs to be replaced, so I want to upgrade instead of just replacing.

Sounds like you need a 2g MAF and some 550cc injectors. I did the same thing on my car. I'm in CT as well. I recommend going to Chuck and Eddie's in Southington because they have a pick-and-pull there with a handful of cars that still have the 2g style MAF in them as well as the pigtail you need. This VFAQ has all the info you need. You can either cut your harness and wire the pigtail right to it or make an adapter like I did. And, since you can't tune the car, you'll need to swap in some 550cc injectors to compensate for the extra air that the computer isn't aware of.

If you need any help, let me know. I'm in Oxford so I'm about 40 minutes from you.

that sounds like the best option right now, I just cant see buying a gm maf and translater plus a safc when I could save up and do link with sd in the near future. would a custom eprom chip be of any benefit with that setup? 2g maf/550s

I never used the safc its nice for fine tuning when using the gm maf I suppose, never used a burned chip either, i bought link and called it a day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back