The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink speed density log advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Few things I see right away:

1. LC1WB tracks 11.0:1 pretty nicely through the pull but the AFR Demand table (OpenLoopMaxOct in this case) is pretty rich, asking for 10.0-10.3. So the fact that you are getting 11.0:1 AFRs mean you have some adjusting to do. Use the SpeedDensity table or adjust global to bring that 11.0 down to the requested 10.2 (put another way, bring WBFactor to 0%) and then I would adjust your OpenLoopMax/MinOct tables to demand the well established 11.0. It won't really change anything for you since you are running 11.0s anyway but it will make it more correct, make your airflow reading more accurate etc. Be sure to get the car to track the demand table first, adjusting the demand table to 11.0 first with no other changes will lean the car out which you do not want to do. Example AFR demand table attached.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2. The car goes really lean as you go WOT, I would get that sorted. Add some fuel in that region.

3. The timing seems reasonable. given your profile you are running a pump gas 16g on a stock compression engine? Nothing stands out as incorrect to me about your combo and timing map.

4. During cruise, your fuel trims are really high. Given the combo of the ECU adding quite a bit of fuel in cruise and the leaner than demanded WOT fuel from #1 above means you need to take global less negative (adding fuel).

5. Is your idle switch hooked up/functional? There are places where you go to 0% throttle but the car doesn't go into decel fuel cut off, and the idle switch doesn't go to 1 during 0% TPS events. I would take a peek into that. TPSVolts is perfect (0.63-5.00V), just check the idle switch.

6. During cruise your AFRatioEst is not matching the table in that region (demanding 14.7 but AFRatioEst is showing ~12s) but we would need someone who is more experienced to explain to us on why that would be as I am not sure.

6. During cruise your AFRatioEst is not matching the table in that region (demanding 14.7 but AFRatioEst is showing ~12s) but we would need someone who is more experienced to explain to us on why that would be as I am not sure.
If combinedFT is 0% when cruising, then you will see the AFRatioEST read 14.7. If the ecu is adding fuel via fuel trims, then the afratioest will be lower than 14.7.

I didn’t take a look at the log I’m on my phone but it sounds like you need to add fuel via global and then adjust your sd table in response.

1. I was wondering which way I should adjust to make changes. Sometimes I feel I'm running in circles.
2. Didn't notice that. Will look into it.
3. 16g 93 pump
4. Will adjust that.
5. Idle switch is there but had to change tps recently and I'm only simulating from tps.
6. Wonder if that has to do with short pulsewidth adjustment? I have had to adjust that number and unsure what it should be.

Thanks.

If combinedFT is 0% when cruising, then you will see the AFRatioEST read 14.7. If the ecu is adding fuel via fuel trims, then the afratioest will be lower than 14.7.

I didn’t take a look at the log I’m on my phone but it sounds like you need to add fuel via global and then adjust your sd table in response.

Thanks for the advice. Look forward to any other advice after you look at log.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I was wondering which way I should adjust to make changes. Sometimes I feel I'm running in circles.
2. Didn't notice that. Will look into it.
3. 16g 93 pump
4. Will adjust that.
5. Idle switch is there but had to change tps recently and I'm only simulating from tps.
6. Wonder if that has to do with short pulsewidth adjustment? I have had to adjust that number and unsure what it should be.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. Look forward to any other advice after you look at log.
1, 2, 4, and 6 will be affected with the same adjustment. Move Global Fuel less negative, thereby adding fuel. Keep adding fuel until your WOT AFR is near the demanded 10.0-10.3 and see where the fuel trims end up after that.

5. I see that now. I had not considered the car was in motion. And I see it does work at the very beginning of the log. So ignore my comment there. That being said, the fuel still doesn't seem to shut off during decel, I imagine you can feel this in the car as it free wheels instead of you feeling engine braking.

Anyone know why decel stays rich?
For what it is worth, on my 2g the IdleSw does go to 1 at 0% throttle even while in motion. So that might still be the culprit. Also, DFCO is pretty inconsequential compared to the other fueling adjustments that need to be made here. I would start with getting the cruise and WOT stuff sorted first.

I don't know how far into setting up your tune you are but that timing for your setup (very close to mine) is extremely low especially in the low-end. Also your SD table wants to be shifted around 3 vertical rows to the left. As you have it right now, you have moved your key efficiency range way later and under different boost levels. 1,5-2,0-2,5-3,0k rows should be more yellow than green at least based on my experiences so far. Of course, you need to give it what the car wants but it shows you are very lean in those ranges especially during WOT. Also I agree with the others, your Global Fuel needs adjusting so that the injector size becomes smaller (thus more fuel). Start with this so your Wideband matches your target AFR (11:1) then once you have that dialed, fine tune your early RPM rows at WOT in SD table.

Also, MORE TIMING! :sneaky:

I don't know how far into setting up your tune you are but that timing for your setup (very close to mine) is extremely low especially in the low-end. Also your SD table wants to be shifted around 3 vertical rows to the left. As you have it right now, you have moved your key efficiency range way later and under different boost levels. 1,5-2,0-2,5-3,0k rows should be more yellow than green at least based on my experiences so far. Of course, you need to give it what the car wants but it shows you are very lean in those ranges especially during WOT. Also I agree with the others, your Global Fuel needs adjusting so that the injector size becomes smaller (thus more fuel). Start with this so your Wideband matches your target AFR (11:1) then once you have that dialed, fine tune your early RPM rows at WOT in SD table.

Also, MORE TIMING! :sneaky:
I thought timing was low. Will work on it. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back