The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Speed Density & Dashboard Boost Gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90_Talon_TSi_AWD

Proven Member
Jul 12, 2019
Kokomo, Indiana
I've still got some work to do on my Speed Density setup but I have a curiosity question to pose in the meantime.
Everything I am seeing once MAF is converted to SD is that the dashboard boost gauge is then used for a knock-count.
I have an additional boost gauge installed inside the glove box but I would prefer to keep the OEM dashboard boost gauge operational as a boost gauge.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Last edited:
Okay, I guess I assumed it to be accurate at least to 14psi.
Okay, how about this then, is it possible to have the gauge read ZERO when knock-count is zero instead of pegged at negative?
What are the options when you scroll down, is IAT an option for the boost gauge?

Last edited:
Neither of these things (SD or repurpose the boost gauge) are part of the factory software so what software are you using?

If it's not in there you have to write the code to do it. In MH6111 machine language.

I am aware.
Just kind of spit-balling at this stage until another member gets back with me via PM or email.

But my backdrop is a coworker that used to do this stuff with Subaru engines / ECU's.
Whether the OEM MAF or the aftermarket SD, the memory address for several of the functions are the same.
I am kind of assuming that to be the case with DSM also, but it is an assumption at this point until the other member gets back with me.

99% of all the modified DSM software for 1G's derives from the 91-92 Turbo AWD E931 EPROM. You can look at your existing XDF file to see how much/many of the memory locations are identified and mapped. If your friend using tunerpro on Subaru's he's likely to understand how to modify a XDF file but will need a source listing for the version of the DSM ECU software you're using to add anything to it and will need to know how to binary patch that code to add any new functions.

If you're getting software from somebody else make sure they provide an XDF file for that binary.

I would prefer to keep the OEM dashboard boost gauge operational as a boost gauge.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Starting with the TMO EPROMs people have been providing the ability to choose what is displayed on the factory boost gauge. I know Keydiver and I both wrote code to do it and if you find some third party software that only displays knock you should be able to revert that code to the factory functions by diff'ing the two.

My source (another member here) for a SD BIN/XDF may have fallen through and he may have lost the files :banghead:
That may put me in a pickle of having to keep my SD setup but getting DSMLink or keeping Moates but reverting to MAF.

I am in desperate need of a SD BIN/XDF and really have no clue where else to turn.
I keep hitting dead web sites in my quest :heystupid:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back