The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Special arp head studs for 6 bolt block 7 bolt head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillabaum03

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2005
sharpsville, Pennsylvania
I am almost 100% sure i got a set of arp head studs that allowed you to use a 6 bolt block and a 7 bolt head without drilling out the head. I got them at summit racing but now i cant seem to find them. I called slowboys racing and they also told me arp doesnt make anything like that. Anyone know?

I believe these might be them as you can see from the picture how its skinnier in the middle

I dont know if they were special. My 95 2g head fit right on my 6bolt block with ARP headstuds, but when I got a 97+ 2g head, i had to have it drilled out to accept ARP headstuds.

Hmm. I wonder if for some reason the 95-96 heads were different from the 97+ heads? Any ideas?

I dont know if they were special. My 95 2g head fit right on my 6bolt block with ARP headstuds, but when I got a 97+ 2g head, i had to have it drilled out to accept ARP headstuds.

Thats strange because the 6 bolts are 12mm and the 7 bolts are 11mm? I wonder if somone had already drilled your head once? Or if it was a true 95 head?? My 95 had to use the 7 bolt head studs.

Yeah, So should i get 1g studs and drill the head, Or will the 2g ones fit into the 1g block.

You have to use whatever headstuds for the specific BLOCK. 6 bolt block = 6 bolt headstuds, 7 bolt block = 7 bolt headstuds. There have been many cases where users have reported that the 7bolt bolt holes were large enough to allow the use of 6 bolt headstuds, but it's very inconsistent data.

Yeah i think ill just drill them out alittle bit

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back