The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G SPC Upper Control Arms in Autocross

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way at all affiliated with SPC, but since there don't seem to be any reviews of the SPC upper control arms on the net, I've decided to write one.

Like all other 2G autocrossers, I've struggled with the lack of front grip, since no decent camber kit for the 2G existed until the SPC adjustable control arms hit the market recently. When I competed in 2004, I could keep up with the leaders in my class on tight courses by running the shocks full stiff, but on the faster courses, the lack of front camber killed my times.

The SPC upper control arms I ordered never came until late this year, but the results so far have been incredible. Finally, I have a car with neutral handling and immense grip from the front and rear.

The kit gives way more than the advertised -2.5º of camber. I was running over -4.0º before I got it aligned properly. And this is on stock springs!

My current setup is -3.5º/-2.3º F/R, with RM swaybars and stock springs. Based on recent results with this setup, it seems that 2006 could be a dominant year for any 2G using this kit...if V710s are used too.

The kit (72170) is very expensive (CAD $750) but well worth it for the performance advantage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back