The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Spark Plugs for 4G63T? [Merged 12-28-2021]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsiRacer93

Probationary Member
Aug 9, 2002
seminole_Fl
yea so my cars got like 100,000 miles on it, what are some good plugs to be using? i was thinkin bosh 4s but someone told me they would be bad for my car..

:dsm: What is the bestest most awesome spark plug (for performance) to get for my 420A, or either car for that matter?

white1997gs said:
:dsm: What is the bestest most awesome spark plug (for performance) to get for my 420A, or either car for that matter?

Iridium plugs are by far the best. Go with NGK iridiums for imports. Denso iridiums if they're out.

1. Why does this post have a title that says absolutely nothing about the topic?

2. Iridiums are not the best, you only think that because you saw it is some ad.

3. Standard NGK plugs are your best bet. I don't know what size the 420A takes, so you will have to find out.

The "best" for cost and performance will be NGK BPR6ES plugs, same as a turbo but gapped to .040".

An iridium plug will last longer, but not do much different so far as running is concerned. The DSM ignition system will run just about any plug in the non-turbo, but the design -for reasons I'm not sure can be explained, but seem empirically true- seems most pleased with the NGK line.

Copper plugs are by far the best. Not sure if there is a difference between the bpr's and the bkr's, but i guess it could be the difference between 4g63 and 420a.

The 2gnt guys (like me) use:

ngk bkr5e-11 copper are one range hotter then stock.. I use them but haven't really noticed any difference.

ngk bkr6e-11 is stock range.

Gap either 0.045-0.053

im running around i bar of boost an i was wondering if i should re gap-my plugs? and if so what to?

Now the stage 1 is officially finished just waiting for my exhaust to be finished on her maybe 1 more day but tommoro i am going to buy new spark plugs and i have a 95 gs 2.0 doch with hahn stage 1 turbo any plug suggestions thanks

I have the stage one kit as well and the first thing I would do is to go to an autoparts store and get another breather because the one that comes with the kit will melt.

Yes that is the one that I am talking about. Sorry I wasnt clear on that.

yea I got a black one from autozone but oil comes out of it so If I would you I would make a catch can for the oil.

Hey people. As of right now, I am running Champion platnum plugs (I know, I know!) I think I am going to get rid of them. I was just wondering what the best type of plugs were out there, what do you guys have, give me some recommendations please! Thanks.

PS. I have MSD 8.5mm wires on right now. Ive noticed the Champion plugs to be fouling in certain scenarios, such as passing people up hills, and sometimes during town driving.

I hate people that just say SEARCH........but SEARCH and don't tell me typing in "spark plugs" doesn't give you 30 of these topics.

Best and Only spark plugs to use:

NGK BPR7ES or if boosting over 17psi BPR6ES

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back