The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Spark Plugs for 4G63T? [Merged 12-28-2021]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsiRacer93

Probationary Member
Aug 9, 2002
seminole_Fl
yea so my cars got like 100,000 miles on it, what are some good plugs to be using? i was thinkin bosh 4s but someone told me they would be bad for my car..

^^ cause hes a idiot, and shouldnt just be spouting numbers out off the top of his head

I just went from a 7 to a 6ES and just from getting on it once or twice I'd think it was a better move. I had the others in there for about 6 weeks and they were a light brown, no deposits or anything. I'll have to run these a while and see how they do. :thumb:

Since were talking about Iridium plugs let me bring this to the table. I was told just the other day by a VERY credible source that Iridium plugs draw less voltage to make the same spark. This would make the extra money well worth it in my situation as I am now starting to see some limitations arising from my stock ingition system. I'm truely not a spark plug nor an electrical guru but this concept has made me curious for a week now. Any thoughts?

Hey peeps, I have an update on the those plugs I found in my EVO 3. HOLY F_ _ K!!! 26.99/each Yeah thats insane. I did some research and cross refrenced what I found at work and came up with the part number 5855. They are Platinum, and they are race specific. Lemme know if you guys can find a better price. \

Thanx

Derek

Refer back to post #3. Platinums still aren't recommended for turbos.

The hex size will have no effect on the sealing surface of the plug.... which don't have a leakage issue anyway.

Defiant,

Why do you think it is that the previous owner in Japan used the race specific plug? I know they say to use a colder plug but wont a plug that produces and optimal spark work better? Lend me your knowledge and give me your suggestion on the correct plug to use.

Thank you,

Derek

uvbneclipsed said:
Why do you think it is that the previous owner in Japan used the race specific plug?
Because he may have been the same sort of pinhead who'd have fallen for Splitfire's lies. Or, perhaps he was beating on it hard and often enough that he actually thought he gained some benefit from running them.

Until you're over a constant 250hp, stay with the BPR6ES, at .028"

sorry tech gurus...
i am not sure if this is a repost or what but i need your recommendation for the best plug for my 2nd gen 4g63t.

thanks so much!

NGK BPR6ES - stock turbo, 16G
NGK BPR7ES - 20G
NGK BPR9ES - Green, Red, SC-61

my opinion that is. putting BPR7ES plugs on a car w/ stock or 16G turbo causes them to foul quicker because they are too cold for that setup.

Sorry everyone, I am very new to dsm's and need to know the best kind of plug to run in my 92 tsi. I bought a set of bosch platinum today and a buddy told me that was a bad idea. He suggested NGK's. Do any of you know what would be best to use? Part numbers would be great since I will probably order them from jegs.

If its going to be slightly modded use NGK BRP6ES plugs.
If youre moderately upgraded use NGK BRP7ES plugs. :thumb:

You do NOT want to run platinum plugs, you will foul out the electrode in a very short time. I run Champion Coppers, or NGK 7es or 6es, I don't recall which, whichever is the colder ones.

Thanks guys, like I said, I am very new to these cars and this one has quite a few bugs to work out before I get to any real power mods. I will try not to ask to many dumb new guy questions.

does any one know where i can find a set of ngk bpr7es plugs for cheap???

i asked at local autozones and napa but no luck..

thanks

I bought my last set from Autozone...I am suprised they dont have them. Try Pep Boys if you have one around there??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back