The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A Spark plugs okay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stizzydrew

Proven Member
Nov 11, 2021
Los Angles, California
I changed out my spark plugs for new denso spark plugs. Here are some photos of the ones i took out of my car. I have no previous service record so i don’t know how long or how many miles they have. Do they look super bad or is that normal for spark plugs? Should I be worried?
Spark plug 1-4 in order. I took them out the 420a from right to left.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sparkplug chart

There is quite a bit of buildup on them but, to me, they just look like they have been in the motor for A LONG TIME. Throw a new set in and see if she loves you for it.

There is quite a bit of buildup on them but, to me, they just look like they have been in the motor for A LONG TIME. Throw a new set in and see if she loves you for it.
Most probably. Before I got the car the guy had it sitting from 2017 to October 2021. October is when I had the car running and fixed the main issues. Before that the only service record I see that passed emissions and inspection was from 2014 @185,xxx miles. I’m thinking the park plug were from that time because the guy I got the car from didn’t seem to do anything but beat on the car till it broke and sold it to me.

I wouldn't be surprised. I changed plugs in my 2004 Silverado today, and they looked like yours just not as heavy buildup and I thought to myself, I bet these have never been changed. Burn was good, just some build up and on Iridium Plugs per the Mfgr.
Prepping for a winter storm here in the Midwest.
In MY DSM world, my 90 GSX is over fueling and my 92 TSI is under fueling. They are hating on me currently.

I wouldn't be surprised. I changed plugs in my 2004 Silverado today, and they looked like yours just not as heavy buildup and I thought to myself, I bet these have never been changed. Burn was good, just some build up and on Iridium Plugs per the Mfgr.
Prepping for a winter storm here in the Midwest.
In MY DSM world, my 90 GSX is over fueling and my 92 TSI is under fueling. They are hating on me currently.
Ah okay thanks, good luck on the winter storm. And ahaha it seems to always be something with these cars. Love and hate relationship.

Mine are currently still "hating" on me......

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back