The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Spark plug wiring order

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2G Josh

Proven Member
Aug 23, 2014
Bloomington, Illinois
Okay so I'm getting ready to put new spark plugs on wires on my car so I've been reading about firing order and all that. This two pictures I've uploaded show the firing order and that simple... My next question is the wires pictured and even the wires on my car aren't the same size. They go short to long. Looking at my engine bay the longest wire is on the far left cylinder and goes to the far left coil. Then the one next to that goes to the coil next to that one. And so on. Like a simple order. Is that not right? That's how its been since I've had the car ever since I took it to my mechanic for a tune up. Am I trippin or is my.mechanic stupid?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The wires being small to long might help (has helped me in the past ) with distance to the cylinder from the coil.

But the firing 4123 the pic on the left is how ive always done it. My coil pack still has the original numbers to help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back