The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Spark Plug Wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shalaby

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2003
Buffalo_Grove_Il
:dsm: Just wondering what the best spark plug wires for a DSM 2g Turbo that is tring to achieve a 300+hp setup. I just bought some Iraiduam Spark Plugs and I want to know what would go good with that. Thanks for the help in advance.:dsm:

you dont think that the Iradium spark plugs are the best? I know they are the more pricey ones and I thought they were the best in spark technology. Let me know what you think.... I'd like to know

There is no real proof that plug wires add any performance improvement but as you increase the hp/performance of your car, you should ensure that all of your ignition components are in perfect working condition. That said, I have used Magnecor wires in my last two Honda's as well as my Eclipse and they have always been very reliable as they are competition wires used on racing applications and built to higher standards than cheap wires. You get what you pay for.

Originally posted by Shalaby
anyone have any opionons on Iridiam spark plugs?

Iridium.

and they do not work as well on out cars as the the cheap NGK BRP6ES stockers.

Originally posted by EuroGSTSpyder
Anyone heard of the HALO pugs? Anyone tried them on a DSM? All the guys here runs them and are totally happy with them on Audis..Beemers and so on...

Excellent stuff for Kraut cars. Nipponese cars like NGK, better than anything else.

Nology Hott Wires, they have a built in spark plug, supose to give you 2-5% more HP, they work good on N/Ts, so why not turbos

Originally posted by BD1
Nology Hott Wires, they have a built in spark plug, supose to give you 2-5% more HP, they work good on N/Ts, so why not turbos

:rolleyes:

:cry:

I have Nology Hot Wires on my car now. I will be changing to Magnecores soon as I have been experiencing some inconsistant stutter under mild acceleration. The wires were on my car when I bought it so I have no idea how old they are. There is also some speculation as to these wires neing unreliable and short-lived on turbo DSMs.

I just got rid of my Magnecors which were causing alot of mis-firing. I'm now using Accel wires along with NGK BPR7ES plugs gapped at .28.

I use NGK B9eg ((3 heat ranges colder)) and autolite plugs, but im gonna go for ngk soon

Originally posted by RyosukeTakashi
I use NGK B9eg ((3 heat ranges colder)) and autolite plugs, but im gonna go for ngk soon
I'm very confused about your post, but I think I get the picture LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back