The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Spark Plug Wires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-14

Probationary Member
Jul 17, 2005
Pasadena, California
Hi guys!
I wanna little help.
Excuse me for bothering you but I have no idea what exactly spark plug wires I need for my GS-T 97'
I wanna buy something not so expencive but reliable form ebay,and I have no idea what exectly it has to be.
If anyone of you use EBAY please suggest me something - maybe direct links will work perfectly
Also can be a combo with spark plugs.
I wanna have colour wires so my engine bay looks nicer.
Thank you very much for you help!

If you dont want to spend to much money, NGK wires will do. For a little more, you can get MSD, which are pretty good. There is also Magnecor, but i heard two different sided stories on there performance. And if you have the money, theres always Nology Hotwires, which are quite expensive.

If you can find some get some Accel Thundersport + wires they are really nice. You can usually find a few sets floating around ebay but if you are just chosing ebay because of the fact that you can pay with paypal or w/e then you can check most of the vendors they now allow payment with paypal. I perfer dsmparts.com and extremepsi.com

Personally, I suggest MSD superconductor, and that should work for you as well, quality is outstanding, and they already come in red :) Since Ive tried them out, I wont go with anything else... unless you can find some wires that come with like a coupon for free beer...
Nope, Ill stick with MSD.
:talon:

I heard Accel Thunderbolt and Magnecor are pretty close to one another. I choose Accel. Good quality! you can choose from red, blue, or yellow. But if I would buy other wires they would be MSD wires; best wires you can get in my opinion.

Spark plugs i would get NGK plugs. I would tell you the part # but i can't remember which one it is. maybe someone can help me out. i think it was something like BPR7ES. someone correct me if it was wrong.

OK MAGNECOR or ACCEL would be better?
And I also saw that there is different size 8mm 8,5mm and 10mm.Which one I have to chose?
I've decidet to get them from www.extremepsi.com or www.dsmtalk.com as zachakagoat suggested.
So please give an idea which one is the best for me

I love my ACCELs. There have been alot of speculation on the Magnecore wires so I didn't want to take the chance on them, where EVERYONE has loved their ACCELs. Here is a direct link to the wires that I purchased, I chose blue for mine (http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16200&cat=405&page=1) I have done lots of business with extremepsi in the last 2 months with a headgasket, arp studs, and many other parts and they have a great customer service and shipping is wonderful.

good luck :thumb:

btw if you look around on ebay you can occasionaly find a set that are new in the box but are just being sold because of overstock

and what about the size? 8mm 8,5 mm? :) :confused:
:dsm: :rocks: :dsm: :sneaky:
also do I need to change the spark plugs at the time that I will change the wires,and do they require more maintanece than the stock wires?
and is there any chance to NOT fit the engine :sosad:

Well the Accels only come in 8mm from what I have found I could be wrong. But for anything that big 8mm is plenty enough, you are not gonna need to be getting that much spark until you get into the 450 hp range and then you should pry switch over to a coil-on-plug setup to get a good spark. These should last just as long if not longer than factory plugs but when you install them make sure that you use the silicon that comes with them so that it seals properly and doesn't allow moisture in there that might cause the wires to become faulty. I would go ahead and replace the plugs if they aren't pretty new but when you do MAKE SURE that you gap the plugs right because it makes a WORLD of difference once you hit boost. Also these wires come premade specifically for t/e/l so they will fit no problem and plug straight in just like the factory wires.

ngk, magnecore, or msd are perfect..

you can also make you own its relly not that ahrd. go to homedepot or anywhere else that sells low resistance conductors wires. and buy some cheap bosch wires, cut and splice them and your down.. my uncle made some 7mm for his camaro. they looked nice and worked perfectly.

:talon: I am running with the NGK 8mm wires and they have been great for about 2 years... Also, I am using NGK BPR6EY (V-power plugs), work just perfect :thumb: :thumb:

About spark plugs you can use the BPR6ES (Standard plug) or the BPR6EY (V-Power) :thumb:

Cheks_Talon_TSi said:
:talon: I am running with the NGK 8mm wires and they have been great for about 2 years... Also, I am using NGK BPR6EY (V-power plugs), work just perfect :thumb: :thumb:

About spark plugs you can use the BPR6ES (Standard plug) or the BPR6EY (V-Power) :thumb:

I'm planning to do a tuneup once the summer ends, and I head back to college. I want to see how those BPR6EY plugs work. What did you gap them to?

dalatinromeo said:
I'm planning to do a tuneup once the summer ends, and I head back to college. I want to see how those BPR6EY plugs work. What did you gap them to?

The same than the ES = .28 .... this plugs are almost the same than the ES, and I believe the EY plugs are cheaper than the ES... work perfect for me, so far!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

F-14 said:
and what about the size? 8mm 8,5 mm? :) :confused:
:dsm: :rocks: :dsm: :sneaky:
also do I need to change the spark plugs at the time that I will change the wires,and do they require more maintanece than the stock wires?
and is there any chance to NOT fit the engine :sosad:

For mine, I went with the MSD 8.5mm SuperConductors, fit just fine, little tight. They have a much beter fit on 2g's, and I havent had a hint of a problem. Love em. :thumb:

and what about these:
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17312&cat=567&page=1

are they good for any GS-T...I mean does it matter if it is stock or modified?
Actualy that is the only choice that I have for spark plugs...if you have an idea for some other please let me know
as long as I learned from the forums the BPR 6ES are for non modified and the BPR 7ES are for boosted cars...
any suggestions regarding that please :sosad:

F-14 said:
and what about these:
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17312&cat=567&page=1

are they good for any GS-T...I mean does it matter if it is stock or modified?
Actualy that is the only choice that I have for spark plugs...if you have an idea for some other please let me know
as long as I learned from the forums the BPR 6ES are for non modified and the BPR 7ES are for boosted cars...
any suggestions regarding that please :sosad:

I believe those would be good for any GS-T. But they do appear that they were meant to be used if you planned on increasing your boost. But if I were you I would choose the proven BPR7ES and BPR6ES. Both slightly higher then the ones you linked us to.

BPR6ES - close to stock
BPR7ES - increasing boost

Yea I would go with the bpr7es that is what I run and have ran since I started modifying the car from almost completely stock. You can pick them up at most parts stores too they are a widely known plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back