The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

spark plug wire question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewhiteone

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Toledo, Ohio
so Im in the process of replacing the wires on my car to taylor 10.4mm wires, but with the tuck on my car, the shortest wire wont reach the coil pack.

my question is will it be okay to run an ngk 8mm while I wait for another wire to come in or should i just leave the four ngk in and put the taylor set in when I have four that will reach the coil pack?

thanks in advance

I would run the ones you have that will fit for now, and replace the ones you get once you get them. I guess im trying to figure out why the different ones would matter.

the ngks ark across the valve cover and i decided to upgrade to a larger wire.

is there any reason running two different sizes would affect the way the car runs?

I never ran different ones i guess if you install a different one youll know, i have used different wires but it didnt run any different, stock wires that is.

It might not be ideal, but I don't think you notice much difference, if any. And I sure don't think it will cause any problems from doing so. It's gotta be be better than having the arcing ones on there.:D

sounds good, Anything has to be better then arcing across the cover so i think ill put the massive taylors in and leave the baby ngk in until i can get a replacement for it.

thanks for the help, if anyone has any differing opinions let me know

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back