The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Spark plug gap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozone302

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 18, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I just put new plugs in today. I read that .28 is the best overall gap. I got the ngk coppers I know they're the correct ones just forgot the name. They came pre gapped at like .36 so I tried to get them as close to .28 as I could. They're probably about 26-28. Now, the ngks that were in the car were gapped at like .35 ish. I noticed though that when my car is idling it almost feels like it might be randomly missing a few times a minute. And when I rev it real high, when the rpms come down it sounds different then before. Like they're not coming down "smooth". And I can just sit there and kinda feel the car jerk just slightly when I'm hearing it miss. I don't remember it doing this before with the old plugs but they were gapped a little wide. Should I pull the new ones out and open the gap a little?

Probably because of the heat range, stock is "6" not "8", "8" is a colder plug.

Bpr8es is not the oem plug. Their database only encompasses what was originally supplied with the car as new. That why it says what it does.

Probably because of the heat range, stock is "6" not "8", "8" is a colder plug.
Ya I understand that. I have a 91 talon with 272 kelford cams, supertech valve train, 6266 precision turbo with twin waste gates, magnaflow tuner series pump with fic 2150 cc injectors, jmf full race intake manifold and bs fab tubular manifold. Running just over 30psi 586 hp. I need the colder plug. But still even if u look on ngk website or hell even Amazon it still says it absolutely will not fit. Almost any other non oem plug any brand u can look up for the dsm. But the plug were speaking of says does not fit. Obviously it does. I have looked up colder plugs and cross referenced them and they say they will fit. Just not the ngk. I run them anyway was just curious why all websites say incompatible except dsmtunners

This should help you figure things out.

I have a 91 talon with 272 kelford cams, supertech valve train, 6266 precision turbo with twin waste gates, magnaflow tuner series pump with fic 2150 cc injectors, jmf full race intake manifold and bs fab tubular manifold. Running just over 30psi 586 hp.

Why do you need to look up spark plugs on websites?

Attachments

• NGK Spark Plug-partnumberkey.pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back