The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Spark, Fuel, Crank, NO start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got_lime

Probationary Member
Mar 10, 2019
Lakeland, Florida
Sup DSMers,

'95 Eclipse GS M/t. Hasn't run since January.

What's been done so far:
- New battery (always charged ready to go)
- New fuel pump/pump assembly
- Cut wire for anti-theft system (kept it from cranking before)
- Made sure CTS was cleaned up and connected securely

How do I know it has fuel?
-Fuel getting to fuel rail at pressure
-Spark plugs appear wet with fuel, but can't confirm fuel is getting through injectors at pressure

How do I know it has spark?
- Pulled each plug, connected it to plug wire and battery cable while cranking and visually got spark (done with each wire)

I've just been guessing at this point, and trying to find little things here and there that may be it but I can't find another thread that has the same or even similar issues, at least with a solution. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Anything helps. I'm pretty novice to this so, I may have easily overlooked something simple. Thanks!

You'll be able to tell if the plugs are wet from fuel or oil, they are each different visually. Smell the plugs as well. I don't remember if the 420A engine has a check valve on the end of the fuel rail or not. The 4G63 doesn't. So if your engine does, push in the valve while someone cranks the ignition. If fuel comes out, you should bee getting enough fuel, but maybe not enough pressure. If no fuel comes out, check the pump relay. If you are checking for spark properly and seeing spark, then the ignition should be fine, and perhaps the compression is down. Test that while doing everything else. You may be new-ish, but at least you're asking for help, and not assuming you know everything and deciding not to ask. Good luck.

Thank you gentlemen for your replies.

It's running now. Gas tank was bad (rusting and such from the inside) so after replacing it, new filter, and cleaning out the lines, it runs amazing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back