1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Southern VA inspection

Posted by babyviper, Oct 10, 2018

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. babyviper

babyviper Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2003
    Mays Landing, New Jersey
    I've heard that in Richmond that there is no requirement for auto inspection, is this true? If so what is it the same for other southern VA counties? I know northern VA counties require annual.

Street Build 2K  10

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. Blu92

Blu92 Proven Member

Joined Aug 20, 2011
    Dale City, Virginia
    Not from Richmond, but I’m pretty certain no matter where you live in Va. you have to get the annual safety inspection. Certain counties don’t require emissions inspections though.

3. jamel16

jamel16 Proven Member

Joined Aug 6, 2004
    Richmond, Virginia
    Yeah Richmond definitely requires an annual inspection. No emission testing but they do check for installation of catalytic converters.

jamel16

615  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM