The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

South Bend forced induction enthusiast.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthBendTurboFan

Probationary Member
Apr 24, 2016
South Bend, Indiana
Hi all, just purchased a 97 GST. I come from a Honda/ Subaru background. I've had both supers, and turbos. I found this GST on Craigslist for a great price, but comes with issues. (Possible crankwalk) Starting this Friday (4/29/16)I'm beginning the teardown and inspection process. I'm looking forward to a new mechanical journey, and will be leaning heavily on the DSM community for insights and advice. I also plan to start a YouTube channel dedicated to this process. I will post pictures and specs soon and look forward to where ever this build ends up.

Here it is. The motor has been pulled. And the best I can tell the guy who had it before me tore it apart and got mad. Then he put it back together very sloppily. Any ways I found a spun main thrust bearing, a broken drivers side motor mount, stripped and missing bell housing bolts, and bad O-rings. I haven't broken the motor down yet, it took me this weekend by my self to pull the motor and tranny. Here's a few pics, nothing in particular. Just the tip of my personal 4g63 iceberg.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hey! Fellow South Bend resident here (Mishawaka, actually, but close enough). If you want a helping hand or just a fellow DSMer, let me know.

I'd like to follow you on youtube !

What's the channel address ?

I'm just a 40 mile north of you, straight up 914 in Michigan.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back