The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

South Bend Clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ikestaa

Probationary Member
Jan 28, 2003
Indianapolis_IN
SBC recently started offering performance clutches (they have been making them for heavy trucks in the past). Many guys with 3kgt's have had nothing but good things to say about them, and there service, which I know is good from first hand experience. They offer 3 different types, one of which (DXD) is a six puck design. I am posting this because it seems as though the only choice now is 2100, 2600 or 2900lb. ;) Has anyone tried these in a DSM? If so, what were the results? BTW, yes I did a search. Here is a link to their site. South Bend Clutch

I Can't tell you how well it works yet, but I have one sitting on my Kitchen table as I type. I am in the process of rebuilding my engine and the transmission is going to TRE as soon as I can get it packed. I will update if this thread is still active by the time I get things put back togeather.

I am 800 miles into a southbend clutch rally series which is like 30% over stock. So far I like it, I have had no problems with slip and the car launches so much harder with this clutch then it did with the stock clutch. They are great, when I ordered it they took the time to ask about my mods to help me decide what clutch to get even though I didnt listen and got the rally instead of the kevlar. I cant really tell you to get a southbend instead of a act, but look at the price and you might decide to go with southbend instead of act.

Drew

Mine isn't in yet but I purchased the DXD clutch for $350.00. Complete clutch kit pressure plate, disk, bearing, and alignment tool. delivered.

Attachments

• dxdsml.jpg
    dxdsml.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 457
98TsiAWD said:
$175 for the Rally series, that cheap....

Anyone else have their clutch? And is that a complete clutch kit?

Yes they are they come with everything, the disk, pressure plate, t-o bearing and clutch alignment tool. The rally series is cheap because its basically an OEM clutch. Any midly modded DSM should get at least a TZ series, if not a DXD.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back