The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

sometime it feels that turbo has shaft play

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Take a can of CARB cleaner and while your cars idling spray it around your throttle body, injector seals, intake manifold, brake booster, and bov flange. If you have a leak the CARB cleaner will cause your engine to rev higher up.

:dsm:

Because carb cleaner is designed to burn away if there is any left. Brake cleaner is not. It burns, but it leaves behind stuff that can foul spark plugs.

ok i sprayed around throttle body, injector seals, intake manifold, and bov flange and i did not found any leaks

now its seems that the car is pulling hard at WOOT but crusing is not so good like at 5psi :/

some other advice ?

thx guys

A logging device(EvoScan) will help you a lot. Probably the first upgrade you should buy for your car.

A WideBand will also help. Probably the second thing you should buy.

Most of the time bogging at WOT is caused by Knock or a Boost Leak.

So log Knock and WB AFR(If you have a WideBand)

If more then 3 Knock Counts(1 degree retard), you need to reduce timing somehow. Timing is being lowered because of knock and the lowered timing reduces power output/makes you bog.

If running rich, most likely a boost leak. Running extremely rich will make you bog.

If running lean, there is something wrong with fuel system or you need to up size it.

ok guys i found that when the engine is cold the car do this all the time and not at WOT just normal driving .

like it is okay to 2.5 RPM but after its like no power at all than i switch the gear up and again it is okay to 2.5 RPM but after its like no power

when it warms up its okay with normal driving and sometime it is okay at WOT but like 75% throttle is weard :/
like not pulling hard as it used to .

but again when the car is cold it will do it all the time at normal driving :/

any sugestion ?

ok guys i just get the vag 409.1 cable and it works with evoscan .
and i log my car :(

when the car is doing those weard things i get about 35 count of knock and the car is just not moving
and when it is ok the car is pulling hard and i get 0 count of knock

whats wrong with my car ????
when my car is cold i get 35 of knock all the time after 2.5 RPM :/

pleasse help me guys

Is your knock sensor tight, it needs to be torqued to 17ft/lbs? If the knock sensor looks like its burnt or leaking goo out the back of it needs replaced. Post a log, it can tell us a lot more than you could ever describe...

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back