The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

something funny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsu RacerX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2006
On the beach, Mississippi
I went to the gas station this morning to get some gas to mow the yard. I pulled up to the pump and on the other side there was this kid driving a 1.8 DSM. I asked him whats in it and he told me 1.8....I told him I have a 2.0 turbo and he laughed at me. He said the 1.8 is better becuase all the 2.0 he's seen are broke. He also told me that I don't have a DSM motor becuase it a Laser RS. Me being a hot headed S.O.B I told him ok whatever then he went on to say he could out run me from a 25 mpgh roll. I told him any day you wanna find out let me know. He said his friend has a 1.8 turbo that could outrun any GSX he's ever seen. I laughed at him the whole time he was saying this shit. When he left I told him to spin'em. Needles to day he tried and he killed it. I told him to find me anytime on the street and we'll see who's faster. Why do this young kids think they know all about DSM's when they know nothing at all...

I know exactly what you mean and know how you feel. I don't bother talking to anybody about cars anymore unless i know them and they know their shit. Whenever i hear a group of people talk about cars, i just ignore them and avoid jumping in the convo because i know i'm just gonna get pissed off and wanna beat their heads with a metal pipe. Here are somethings that have pissed me off:

"Yeah, my friend has a talon with a stage 3 turbo" :rolleyes:

"1 psi = 10hp in every application with every turbo" :rolleyes:

"Taking a cat converter off of an exhaust adds like 30hp" :rolleyes:

"Doing donuts, peeling out the tires, and sliding the car doesnt put ANY stress on the suspension or drivetrain at all" :rolleyes:

"My 2004 civic ex with exhaust and intake makes 157 whp" :rolleyes:

"If you double clutch into 3rd gear on a 350z, you can spin the tires all the way through 3rd gear" :rolleyes:

Everything i wrote above has been talked about with me and i don't even argue anymore. I just reply "oh really, I didn't know that."

I just wanted to laugh my ass off.....Thing is I know the guy who has the car he's talking about. Its not a 1.8 its a 2.0 N/t that he turboed out.

"My dad has a ______ w/ ________ and he runs _______"
"I gots a civic yo....Stage 6 turbo with 800 crank horsepower"

*random kid talking to his friend; "Ya man hes turbo...look...hes got guages."

Some of the things I heard when I was installing my coilovers in my automotive class....stupid freshman.

One of the funnier things I've heard classmates talking about;

"You should put Posi-Trac on your v6 mustang"

Ignorance abounds.
Sometimes I would like to kill
but, alas, I can't.

Deadly BlaZe said:
I know exactly what you mean and know how you feel. I don't bother talking to anybody about cars anymore unless i know them and they know their shit. Whenever i hear a group of people talk about cars, i just ignore them and avoid jumping in the convo because i know i'm just gonna get pissed off and wanna beat their heads with a metal pipe. Here are somethings that have pissed me off:

"Yeah, my friend has a talon with a stage 3 turbo" :rolleyes:

"1 psi = 10hp in every application with every turbo" :rolleyes:

"Taking a cat converter off of an exhaust adds like 30hp" :rolleyes:

"Doing donuts, peeling out the tires, and sliding the car doesnt put ANY stress on the suspension or drivetrain at all" :rolleyes:

"My 2004 civic ex with exhaust and intake makes 157 whp" :rolleyes:

"If you double clutch into 3rd gear on a 350z, you can spin the tires all the way through 3rd gear" :rolleyes:

Everything i wrote above has been talked about with me and i don't even argue anymore. I just reply "oh really, I didn't know that."

ROFL ROFL ROFL
You forgot "Hey that hump is for the turbo right?" I also love it how people always tell me that my car doesnt really need premium gas and that it is a waste of money. But yeah thats people for ya.

Mitsu RacerX said:
Why do this young kids think they know all about DSM's when they know nothing at all...

Not all of us think we no everything. I'll be the first to admit i don't know 5 % of what alot of the guys on here know.

-TunedDSM- said:
ROFL ROFL ROFL
You forgot "Hey that hump is for the turbo right?" I also love it how people always tell me that my car doesnt really need premium gas and that it is a waste of money. But yeah thats people for ya.

No kidding. I was at the local U-Pull and asked the workers if any of the stations near-by carried 93 octane (it's getting harder and harder to find). They asked me what I drove that required 93. I said an Eagle Talon and they all just rolled their eyes like I was a total idiot. It's infuriating, but there's nothing that can be done about it.

-TunedDSM- said:
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Oh yeah forgot to mention that. My friend with the "157whp civic" once said he saw a 1g dsm for sale. I asked him "is it turbo"? He told me yea it's turbo. I asked, "how do you know"? He replied, "well, the hood had a hump in it."

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back