The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Someone trying to sell me a turbo kit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 7, 2011
New Haven, Connecticut
I was on my porch and a kid cross a street came to me and told me he have turbo kit for $300. I told him is it universal? He say yes it can fit in my 420a. I told why you selling it, he say he blew his single cam motor so he selling it. How can I know if it not eBay kit or name brand?

not many people will sell a name brand turbo kit for 300 dollars. not sure what he means by universal as you need a new exhaust manifold and o2 housing, new fuel system, ecu and internals if you want to push any amount of boost that would be worth the turbo kit.

Universal kits usually come from ebay, most of the time. It sounds like he is just trying to cut his loses and get rid of everything. Not to mention that turbocharging a 420a requires tuning software, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, custom downpipe, stronger engine internals(HG, Head Studs, Pistons, Rods), among other things.

not many people will sell a name brand turbo kit for 300 dollars. not sure what he means by universal as you need a new exhaust manifold and o2 housing, new fuel system, ecu and internals if you want to push any amount of boost that would be worth the turbo kit.

Yeah I know but I know I'm going to stay all motor. I'm just gonna buy myself a 4g63 on my engine stand for project. It get me more interesting me about that turbo kit because he only selling for $300. What if I'm a dumb ass if I say no? I mean what should I check? He say he going to sent me a picture later when he get home.

Universal kits usually come from ebay, most of the time. It sounds like he is just trying to cut his loses and get rid of everything. Not to mention that turbocharging a 420a requires tuning software, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, custom downpipe, stronger engine internals(HG, Head Studs, Pistons, Rods), among other things.

Oh he'll no. I just realize that, I have enough with this 420a because I just rebuild from scratch.

Well 420a don't really need all these parts for turbo kit. Even bone stock 420a can handle turbo. Am I right?

It's no doubt an eBay kit. $300 will barely get you a decent condition, used turbo. Not an entire kit.

Plus, if the kit is for his Honda, I can promise 90% of the parts won't bolt up.

It's no doubt an eBay kit. $300 will barely get you a decent condition, used turbo. Not an entire kit.

Plus, if the kit is for his Honda, I can promise 90% of the parts won't bolt up.

Yeah I thought about that but he told me it universal. I'm not gonna buy eBay crap, not on my engine. So most likely he got eBay kit right

Universal=Ebay

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back