The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Someone got a nasty surprise after stealing my gas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggo0

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2009
La Porte, Indiana
My car has been down for about 3 months now and has been sitting on the road in front of my house, legally parked. Even though I really have no friends (since most back stab lie cheat steal yadda yadda) - it still seems people want to #### with my shit. It really is sad because I live the quiet life, minding my own god damn business. As it turns out, over night - someone opened the car door, popped the gas cap and stole all the gas out of it. Don't mind the radar detector, wide band safc boost gauge, just enjoy that 3 month old e85 that has now broken down into crap :D

Most f'd up part is we had about 20 bags of cans sitting in our back yard, against the house and those got jacked too. Really?? Our cans?? Sigh...

would you really rather them took the stuff that was worth something

That's why you lock your doors. I learned my lesson real fast after my old Jetta was robbed..my stereo school bag and wallet were all taken. Now I make sure I lock my doors especially with my dsm, too many things in there that thieves like.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

would you really rather them took the stuff that was worth something

No I'd rather not have to stay up all night every night just to make sure people don't take what is theirs.

That's why you lock your doors. I learned my lesson real fast after my old Jetta was robbed..my stereo school bag and wallet were all taken. Now I make sure I lock my doors especially with my dsm, too many things in there that thieves like.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Door was locked :(

get a deer hunting trail camera and put it so its facing your car. Then put something on top of your car that someone will take and you'll be able to see who's stealing your stuff

###### them f-ing meth-heads...Jack anything for a quick buck.

get a deer hunting trail camera and put it so its facing your car. Then put something on top of your car that someone will take and you'll be able to see who's stealing your stuff

That would work if they didn't make a huge flash when they go off. They would just go over and steal/destroy that too.

Ya, I have now resorted to parking in the garage because of all of my "good friends" that make my life "easy". I just have to clean my GF's car every morning when it snows.... Small price to pay

My friend's 200SX with an SR20DET swap has been sitting in his driveway for a few years now. He keeps the doors locked but the hood not shut completely. A few weeks ago someone poured a bunch of gas into his oil input as well as in his dad's motorcycle. I'm glad I checked the dipstick and noticed that his Royal Purple wasn't purple before we started it up.

Wire a rocket engine igniter to be inside the gas filler neck. Next time someone comes to swipe some gas, hook a battery up to that shit. Throw a cigarette and lighter on the ground before night time so it would appear they were an idiot lighting a smoke around gas.

That would work if they didn't make a huge flash when they go off. They would just go over and steal/destroy that too.

Personally I like the vid cameras that have motion activated bright lights. Sure the infared are great, but with the bright light, they know they're being watched and less likely to do something. I'd rather have someone know they're being watched and not touch my stuff, then secretly watch them.

I've considered cameras for my place. No one has screwed with anything besides some minor tagging on my shed, but just want the piece of mind.

At least they didn't steal any of your expensive stuff. This is why I love my Viper alarm... close the door, a few seconds to hear a "beep", another couple seconds later all doors lock and the alarm automatically arms! :)

Why don't people just get jobs and buy their own crap!! Nowadays we have to have alarms, security cameras and guard dogs just to be able to have nice stuff in our own front yards.

Because suicide is not legal, so depressed people do drugs and just take longer to die and are a pain in the ass to the world with stealing, charity, and rehab.

My all time favorite theft deterrent is the one on the SUX 6000 from RoboCop. A few of those and they wouldn't be stealing cars. I also have toyed with the straightened treble hooks that could be fired up through the seat with air cylinders when someone tries to start the car with the wrong sequence. One problem is at my age it could be me!

The game camera does work. Just put it high enough on the house so they can't get to it easy. Back it up with a motion sensor light to frazzle their nerves and simply give the picture to the police.

my babys in my garage, but when its outside my rooms right in front of it. if i hear the slightest noise ima open my front door and let me puppy take care of it. half pit half doberman. yea. try ####ing with that. LOL

Day 4 at my new house, someone jacked my Kenwood receiver from my Grand Prix. Welcome to the neighborhood... :rolleyes: It sucks when you need to always have everything locked up at all times. The neighborhood I moved away from was so carefree and uneventful, I always parked my Eclipse outside unlocked and left my laptop sitting right on the passenger seat every night. And that's the way I feel it should be. I don't like the thought of changing my lifestyle to combat thieves and trespassers, but it suppose it beats losing my property to them.

I would have given ten car stereos just to catch that bastard stealing mine.

When I used to live in the country I kept my cars unlocked and my keys in the ignition. Now I live in a small neighborhood that is without sounding racist becoming more ghetto as time goes on. It's not violent, but stuff gets stolen more than when I lived there as a child. Now I lock my doors and take my keys in with me. I come home from work every now and then and tons of hood rats are hanging around on the street and sidewalk right outside the house. I just give them a look like they should get the hell out of there or I will use weapons and they leave.

At least they didn't steal any of your expensive stuff. This is why I love my Viper alarm... close the door, a few seconds to hear a "beep", another couple seconds later all doors lock and the alarm automatically arms! :)
how is the viper alarm system? i was thinking of getting the
Viper Responder 350 2-Way Security System with Invisibeam® Field Disturbance Sensor508D and a Digital Tilt Motion Sensor when i get my new wheels.

how is the viper alarm system? i was thinking of getting the
Viper Responder 350 2-Way Security System with Invisibeam® Field Disturbance Sensor508D and a Digital Tilt Motion Sensor when i get my new wheels.

Doesn't work as good as an AR-15.:hellyeah:

haha dont forget that with a viper alarm if i leave my windows rolled down ... when it arms it automatically rolls all windows up..... love my viper alarm...!!!! :rocks:

It's called a 12 gauge Remington pump....no one messes with my stuff... Yea I ride shotgun literally

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back