The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Somebody hacked my yahoo account HELP !

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad71camaro

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 23, 2003
chestertown, Maryland
Man this really sucks somebody hacked my yahoo account. I try to go on to check my mail the other day and for some reason the password does not work. So I go to the retrive a new password form it says the information I entered is not correct. So I fill out the neccasary form and send it to yahoo only to find out that I must have accidently entered my wrong birth date when I registered and they cant give me any of my information because they dont match. So I have all kind of important emails that I can not check nor can I get on yahoo mesenger and access my friends list. Here comes the worst part. I did a member search for messanger and found my profile. It has been severly hacked and tampored with. Now it says I love to suck c@@k and take it in the but$ and what not. The worst part is instead of me there is a huge picture of two naked guys. So as of now yahoo says there is nothing they can do because my birth date does not match with my orignal account info. What would you guys do this really blows and I need to check my emails :mad:

i also had one of my yahoo mail accounts broken into a few days ago, but not quite as bad as yours. One day i just logged in and it said there were like 400 new messages, most of them were mail sending failures because the address did not match, but apparently they were using my mail to send all this crap to other people or something. Regardless, i immediately closed the account - it was one of my extra, back up accounts anyway - not my primary one.

mysticfire6602 said:
call em up and explain your situation

You dont know the number do you ? I would love to but have no idea what there number is or how to find it. If I could get ahold of them on the phone Im sure I could work everything out cause this email tag sh!t aint cutting it.

thefunkpig said:
i also had one of my yahoo mail accounts broken into a few days ago, but not quite as bad as yours. One day i just logged in and it said there were like 400 new messages, most of them were mail sending failures because the address did not match, but apparently they were using my mail to send all this crap to other people or something. Regardless, i immediately closed the account - it was one of my extra, back up accounts anyway - not my primary one.

Eh, someone probably just spoofed your email address so it looked like mail was being sent from your account. In reality, your account was probably fine.

bad71camaro
How complex was your password? If was reasonably secure, someone that you gave your password to either gave it away to someone else or did this to you themselves. I would start looking close to home...

passwords for my stuff computer included, are various Automotive VIN numbers from cars that I have owned.
Yeah try hacking a 16-20 digit seemingly random alpha-numeric string...

splattj said:
Eh, someone probably just spoofed your email address so it looked like mail was being sent from your account. In reality, your account was probably fine.

bad71camaro
How complex was your password? If was reasonably secure, someone that you gave your password to either gave it away to someone else or did this to you themselves. I would start looking close to home...

My password was 9 random letters so I know no one at home could of hacked it. I just got anothere email and they told me they couldnt do anything without the correct birth date :mad: Im gona try that number and see how that works out

Just called them they said they could cancel the account but unless I have the birth date they cant do anything :mad:

maybe you should make your passwords alphanumeric. nobody hacked it, they guessed your password. maybe you have an enemy who used to be a friend? an ex girlfriend? maybe somebody who knows someone who talked to someone who heard from their cousin who's your girlfriend's best friend's sister, and she saw you type it in somewhere?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back