The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Some sort of cut

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pa97dsm

Probationary Member
Jul 26, 2013
Woodlyn, Pennsylvania
Once I hit around 15lbs of boost at about 4500 rpms if I floor it the car will almost feel like I hit a Brick wall and sounds like its red lining, but not absolutely positive if it is fuel cut because it does not make the car shut off and it still runs fine after that. Also if I accelerate slowly without flooring it this "cut" will does not happen. Only when I floor it. I have an MAF translator and also an SAFCII by apexi. Can anyone narrow this down for me, or maybe even come help me diagnose it if you're in the Philadelphia area? Thanks guys

I'm not to bright on this subject, but do you have the stock or equivalent fuel pump or a performance fuel pump?

Having the same experience with my 97gsx, now to a lesser degree after a tuneup.
I have stock everything aside from a big16g i swapped in when the 14b crapped out.
I'm now also getting what sounds like lifter ticking. :(

Do any of you guys have a logger? im in northeast philadelphia , if you guys are local im more than willing to help out .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back