The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Some Questions I Have.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSiWarrior

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2005
Detroit, Michigan
Im leaving for louisianna on thursday, my dsm's first trip. I've only racked up 20 miles on her seince I bought it before the rear end blew out. Now Im bolting back together but have a few last minuet fixes to make, and other simple things. I'll drop a list of them and hopefully some of you can respond quickly so I can get her running and make it down there on time.

1. Dimmer wont dim or brighten?

2. Which Oil Moble 1 or Royal Purple (which number?) & how much.

3. Which Tranny Oil (syncromesh I assume)

4. Annoying idle surge, but doesnt stall.

5. Power Steering Leak, looking for cheap fix.

6. Wicked bad torq sheer, (maybe bad ball joint?)

7. Running rich & safc got reset. Looking for a good hi-low base that will match up with my mods or at least be in the general area.

8. Anything else I should be told/warned about on a detroit to new orleans trip with a dsm.

1. Do you mean your gauge dimmer? Check to see that it is plugged in behind the dash.

2. I like Mobil 1 10w/30...your car should take around four and a half quarts. Put in 4 and keep adding till you are at the full line on the dipstick.

3. Gear lube..most people have sucess with GM/Penszoil Synchromesh, or BG Synchroshift.

4. Check your ISC motor...those tend to go bad and cause idle issues. Also, check for boost leaks as they often cause idle problems as well.

5. Where is it leaking from? If its the rack, a little leak isn't horrible...just keep an eye on fluid levels. If it is the pump itself, it will begin to destroy the alternator underneath it if it continues to leak. A PS pump swap is fairly simple and cheap.

6. Didn't check to see if you were FWD or AWD...if you are FWD deal with it, if AWD check to make sure all your diffs/VC are working properly

7. Couldn't tell ya much about SAFC as I have MAFT. THere are a few *basic* tuning guides available on this site and a few others, just follow that for help.

8. Make sure your car is in good running condition I guess...keep an eye on things.

Take a small tool box. Bring a couple quarts of oil, bring a gallon of coolant. Bring more then what you need, even if you don't need it. You'll be happy you brought it if you need it. :thumb:

4 1/2 quarts? Murry's computer told me 4.7 pints, which is 3 quarts. Im not replacing the filter so... My dipstick is pretty much stuck in the thing because it was crimped so it wont shoot out, im assuming. Any other ways to check or is that the only way? It takes two people to pull my dipstick back out, kinda aggravites me. It ended up being a the right rear axle snapped at the splines. Not really shure how that happend. The gauge dimmer is plugged in but everything is pretty dim. I've got some royal purple anyway, a bit less expensive than mobile 1. I put a tube of bars stop leak in the system so we'll see about that small coolant leak. I'm finishing the fix today so I'll post what happens with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back