The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

some noob questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benshooter

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello all, I recently acquired a 95 Talon Tsi with a 6 bolt swap and a bunch of mods. I'm somewhat new to DSMs but my first was a 92 N/T eclipse about 5 years ago.

I've been lurking, reading, and researching the forums, FAQs, and whatnot for the last few days, but I still have some questions.

First, I would like to apologize if any of this is answered somewhere else. If it is, please delete this and direct me there.

The current mod list: Very large cone filter, hard intake pipe, greddy type s BOV(vented correctly), JR Speed factory racing front mount intercooler(its huge), 16G turbo, ported wastegate hole, Tial 38 WG on SS O2 housing, Punishment racing j-pipe, turboXS dual stage boost controller, Prosport boost gauge, Walbro 255lph fp, Rebuilt head with beehive dual springs, some kind of aftermarket valve seals, Web cams, ARP head studs, 3" turbo back exhaust w/ magna-flow muffler, some aftermarket tubular exhaust headers.

From what I read, i should get larger injectors, and a better than stock fuel pressure reg? With proper tuning, what would a ball-park hp figure be for this setup as it is?

I'm pulling out the motor and trans tomorrow to replace a broken clutch fork (clutch has an ACT pressure plate, I'm assuming that's the culprit). So I'll have excellent access to everything, is there anything I should replace or look at while I have everything out?

Thank you.

For hp question there is no bench racing here on this site.But you can go too the members page and look at hp numbers there and find someone there near too what you have.after your car is done go get it dyno tuned.:thumb:
For the other question check motor mounts,check for oil leaks,loose nuts,bolts, And don't forget maintenance on the car.

For hp question there is no bench racing here on this site.

I'm not the competitive type, I just like to have fun.

For the other question check motor mounts,check for oil leaks,loose nuts,bolts, And don't forget maintenance on the car.

I already changed all belts and fluids, and found a good handful of loose/missing bolts.

Ok, I am a noob too, so don't take my word as gold. From what I have read, since you upgraded to a 16g, you are going to need a bigger fuel pump (either 255lph or 190lph, which you have one already), when you do this you need a better fuel pressure regulater (specially for the 255lph sinch it basically over powers the stock fuel pressure regulator), and you want at least 550-650cc injectors (some say 550cc works at a higher than stock fuel pressure, then others swear you up and down you need 650's). The only thing I haven't seen is what you should set your fuel pressure to. So hopefully someone comes in and feels that in. Also for the tuning, I have heard people running most of the mods you have without tuning. So you can probably run it, but your not getting the potential of it at all since it's trying to run stock parameters. Well I hope this helps, and that I don't get ripped for being wrong or what not. Later.

yes, you should have gotten larger injectors when you got the 16g....I could be wrong but sounds like hp is in the 300 range....dont take my word...bring it to a dyno.
How big are the cams you have? 272's??
ALso how much boost are you running?

alright ive never really tryed to help anyone before, usually im asking the ?'s so my ideas might not be the best because im as well a newb.

but,
ive heard to keep a motor running good if you feel like pushing some power to change your bearings, deff. if you dont know when the last time they were. . i mean if your gonna have it all out why not upgrade and get fresh bearings. i put new bearings in my 400 out of my stock car prob 3 times a season

if your upgrading your fuel injectors, and reg, you would prob have to invest in some engine managment. almost everyone will reccomend a dsmlink i believe

if you dont know the preson you obtained the car from, if you decided not to change the bearings, i would atleast take the oil pan off and inspect everything to amke sure it will with stand some power

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back