The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Some Body Mod in RUSSIAN

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussianMax

Proven Member
Feb 27, 2013
Renton, Washington
Some boys back in my hometown modded their Eclipse.
What you guys think? Sorry website is in Russian but pictures show it all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmetkTyowdU]TUNING MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 2G cabrio 2.0 turbo - YouTube[/ame]
http://s13.ru/archives/72487

I like the headlights and the side mount exhaust. Everything else looks complicated and too heavy.

Looks like an insane amount of work went into that car. Although it isn't my cup of tea it looks very well done.
Don't forget that this is DSMTuners and that if it has any aftermarket body pieces on it you will get flamed.

That is defiantly unique! The lower pic looks the best IMO. Looks like tons and tons of custom work. Wish I could read the article :( I wonder what it weighs due to all the added metal.

Attachments

• Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Grodno-14.jpg
    Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Grodno-14.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 68
That bottom pics actual doesn't look all that bad. Like a talon on steroids.

Does it even lift bro?

Seriously the bottom one looks OK as in its only OK to look at. But the top one looks like one of those late 90s two door saturns.

The motorcycle muffler it's very original and sounds great on some cars.

Translated to the best of my abilities. Enjoy.

A new Eclipse appeared in Gorodno.

There is a new incredible car on the streets of Gorodno. It is hard to tell that this is a Mitsubishi Eclipse. It took two years for the craftsmen from Poland to make this unique vehicle that was once dreamed up by Vitaliy Kolenko. The car came back to Belarus only two weeks ago and has yet to be shown to general public. Vitaliy says that he had been dreaming of a car like that for last ten years.

"I first saw a second generation Eclipse in the movie 'Fast and Furious'" Vitaliy tells us. "I was only thirteen at the time and i though "I must have a sports car like that in my driveway". My first car was a Zhiguli and i used it for practicing painting. Then there was a Honda Civic that i modded lightly. Some time after that there was a BMW 3 E46 Coupe. By then i was more serious about tuning so I installed a hamann style (body kit?), gave it a black-and-white paint job, installed an m-packet (performance?), changed the tail lights, installed halo headlights, and of cource the lambo style doors. The car felt special to me until everyone's reaction at 'SunDayAutoGrodno 2010' (car show?) have not changed my oppiinon of the car. Everyone seemed to really like it.

That day Vitaliy decided that he can not stop and decided to make his dream a reality and get a tuned Mitsubishi Eclipse. The BMW was sold and a stock Eclipse bought instead that was for sale online for over a year.

"It felt like the car was waiting for me. I was not concearned about what condition it was in since i was planning to re-do everything. Right away i could tell that this was a car for me" says Vitaliy.

As soon as Vitaliy got home he noticed that the roof was leaking and decided to find replacement online. While there he found a site tuningcustomcars.pl and got intrigued by their work.

"I was impressed by their design ideas. They were only making body kits, but made them themeselves. Some were even made of metal." Vitaliy tells us. "Then i decided to let them work on my Eclipse and make it as advertizement for my site s-turby.by"

After few e-mails a dedline was set: four months. Soon after that the car was delivered to the shop. Plans for the car were simple at first: "Dual exhaust coming out under the rocker panels, flared fenders. Car needs to look like something from Transformers. But no rear wings!" A month later it became appearent that there is no way the car will be done in time. By then the owner of the shop got interested in the car and started improving the design. In the end it took from December 2011 to December 2013 to finish the car. All this time Vitaliy never visited the shop and only communicated by e-mail.

The desigers used a picture of a modified Eclipse as a base. They modified the picture to look like the final product. After that manual labour begun. Only thing they bought was LED strips for tail lights, wheel spacers for the back, AEZ R20 brakes, and Chilles ATR Sport 245/30/20 tires. The car does not have real mufflers. Exhaust, however, does come out through the openings in the "fake" muffles on the sides. Door handles got shaved and remotly operated door poppers installed instead. The engine is still a 2.0 Turbo, but there are big plans for tuning it in the future:

"In December of 2013 i winally got waht i was waiting for. The shop said that the work is done. Together with a friend we went to Zagan, a town in Poland where the shop was. The car looked even more beautiful than in the pictures. For a while i could not even believe it was mine" Vitaliy tells us. "On the way home we lost the tarp covering the car and had to haul it out in the open. At that point ireally felt the attention of oother drivers. It was a real attention grabber every time we had to stop at a cafe or a rest stop. People would always come to look at the Eclipse, ask questions about it, take pictures of it. That night we got home late and parked the car in the garage."

Despite the fact that the car is finished on the outside there is still alot to do. For interior work, for example, the car has to go back to Poland, but to a different shop this time. Vitaliy also plans to install high quality speaker system along with an LCD headunit.

"I am really hoping that the second stage of tuning is going to be much faster. Hoping to be able to drive the car this Spring" says Vitaliy.

Last edited:
Its a show car! So many haters here haha its well executed. That is also definitely the only dsm in the whole country there so think about that

I don't care for the back end of it but the front is not bad. There had to be so much time in that thing.

:)

I like the exhaust, and how the spyder sounds, and maybe the cam cover slot in the hood, but that's it. Personally I think it's hideous.... but to each their own. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

That is defiantly unique! The lower pic looks the best IMO. Looks like tons and tons of custom work. Wish I could read the article :( I wonder what it weighs due to all the added metal.

The bottom one is almost perfect! Very tastfully done, but the top one is just to over the top in my opinion.
Mind you I dont think dsms are the best cars in the world, their good but not great.

Its a show car! So many haters here haha its well executed. That is also definitely the only dsm in the whole country there so think about that

Seriously, the top one looks like something megatron pooped out. Glad that's all it does tho. Stands still and looks pretty. If I had that thing I would keep it in the basement and feed it baby Ruth's from time to time :) ;)

Funny he did all that and left the spoiler off. I'm no wagon scientist, but that thing doesn't need downforce when it weighs more than a first generation humvee

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back