The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G *SOLVED* Bizarre No Start issue. Please help. Spark √ Fuel ? Air √ ??? :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSR-VR

Proven Member
Oct 7, 2012
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
After two weeks of searching, gathering parts, and swapping/installing I am throwing in the towel. I am NOT new to these cars at all. I just can't figure it out.

Please, please any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have just installed a good motor into my talon. I have everything hooked up. It will crank but not start, and will not even occasionally pop. This is what I know so far.

I have:

- Spark (Stock coils with NGK wires and NGK Copper plugs gapped to factory spec)
- Fuel (???) 37PSI via Fuel Lab Regulator Cleaned and Pattern Tested STOCK 450cc injectors. BOSCH 044 pump.
- Air

It will not start on its own BUT will start with me spraying gas into it via spray bottle and will run smoothly when I do so.

***The injectors are seeing power, I know because they tick. I have had them bolted up to a spare head to test if fuel is coming out and some is but it isn't a fine mist DESPITE them being cleaned a flow tested. ***

- I have tried a few different resistor boxes
- I have tried several sets of known working injectors
- I have tried messing with the fuel pressure
- I have confirmed the fuel is making it inside the motor
- I have soldered and heat shrunk new injector clips with 8" of new leads.
- I have soldered and heat shrunk new TPS and CAS plugs with 10" of new leads
- I have traced back the injector wires to each respective pin on the ECU and triple checked orientation.

Parts known to be good:

- ECU (double checked with three different ones
- CAS (Same as above)
- MAF (swapped between running cars and works fine)
- TPS (swapped and sweep tested for giggles)

You are not getting fuel. The spray bottle proves it. Pull the return hose, put it in a bucket and fire the fuel pump. Make sure you are getting volume. Trust your eyes not a gauge. If you have fuel that leaves injectors and control. You say you ruled those out but simply swapping parts may not reveal a harness issue etc.

Thank you very much for your responses and input.

The problem is solved and I am very happy that my rear engine is singing it's own sweet song.

However, the suspected culprit was not a fault of the fuel system. It was because the coolant temp sensor wires and the BISS screw wires did not have any continuity. So after a connector replacement and heat shrink the problem was solved.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back