The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For being a non-turbo. Ive sure loved this thread! Keep it up man!

20201201_161450.jpg

Got the 02 bung welded into the downpipe. Finished hooking everything up and it started good after priming the fuel pump a few times. AFR is around 14.9 to 15 at idle. That's really close to where it needs to be. Feels like the engine makes good power. Lugs up hills much better than it used to and decelerates pretty hard. I got the first batch of oil changed, running the second and will be changing it possibly next week. I'm so excited to go do some pulls. I'll probably run out of pump but I have a high flow fuel filter and Wablro 255 pump that I want to put in. Here's the last engine picture I took before it got dropped in. There's a pretty big show on Saturday so I'll snag some good pictures then and hopefully some videos will be posted from the strip soon.

By the way, I'm not running that valve cover in the picture. That's one of my spares and I just had it laying on the engine to keep dust and bugs out of my cylinder head.

Also, Fidanza posted this engine picture on their social media pages, since I'm running their cam gears. Makes me wish I would have cleaned the mount bracket.

20201126_180444.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Solomon! Keep us posted on the show and how the car is running. :thumb:

Got my upper engine mount replaced. The center was about to fall out of it. Also snapped a couple decent pics from the show this morning. Can't wait for it to be broken in.

You'll notice that the stock wheels and tires are back on. Once the engine is fully broken in, I'll have a BBQ session if ya know what I mean... :sneaky:

GOPR0640_1608395482354.JPG
GOPR0641_1608395482354.JPG
IMG_20201219_105251_294.jpg
IMG_20201219_105251_292.jpg

Last edited:
Changed the oil and filter again. It's properly broken in. Did some pulls. It's still not as fast as I want it to be but it's insane compared to what it was. If I lined this car up with the car it was over 2 years ago, the results would surprise.

On another note, I ordered a new rack and pinion unit. I've had suspicions about it leaking for about a year and recently it popped and leaked all the fluid out on the floor.

I just feel like the car will never stop leaking. I can't remember a single day that I've driven the car in the past 3 years that it wasn't leaking something from somewhere. It always tricks me. I replace the leaking seal, and it's dry for a few minutes before another seal blows out. I try different types of oil, different types of sealant. I fix leaks one at a time until there's none left, then I make full circle.

I'm not giving up on the car though. I'll be with it till the end.

Last edited:
Welcome to owning a dsm LOL! One of the best quotes I read early on was, “ DSMs, could leak oil out of the tires if they wanted to.” It is so freaking true. You can also tell whenever a group of DSMs have been together by the huge oil spot left in the parking area.

A local test n' tune is coming up at the strip. But they won't let you in unless your car is leak free. So I've got to put in some work.

Sounds crazy to say that considering I basically have a new engine. But the valve cover gasket blew out again. So I've got to get that done before I can run.

I'm hoping to be in the high 14's - low 15's. The main thing holding me back from that is traction. Once the car gets off the line, it's scooting. But getting it off the line can take a while. I think I'll need a hefty burnout before sending it.

The GoPro will be mounted of course.

Got a new driver side axle installed. The stock one was really at the end of it's life. The car drives much smoother and quieter.

EDIT: You'll notice I removed the ABS gear from the new axle. Since it's a non-ABS car, I don't need the extra rotational weight, no matter how small.

GOPR0665_1613944772319.JPG

Last edited:
Got a new axle installed. The stock one was really at the end of it's life. The car drives much smoother and quieter.

View attachment 623910
I did that last year too. What brand did you end up using if you dont mind me asking? I went with Cardone.

I did that last year too. What brand did you end up using if you dont mind me asking? I went with Cardone.
I went with GSP. It was the most expensive one that RockAuto stocks so hopefully it's good quality.

I got some new ignition parts.

So the stock plug wires make about 600 ohms of resistance. These new plug wires only make 25 ohms of resistance.

And I got some fresh NGK plugs, and gapped them at 0.047". I'm going to give that a shot and hopefully I see gains without a misfire.

GOPR0694_1616190491346.JPG
GOPR0695_1616190491346.JPG

I decided to run a compression test, just to make sure my rings are properly seated. I'd say everything is sealed up quite nicely.

On cylinder #4, the hose blew off the tester LOL. I guess it has really good compression!

IMG_20210329_195102_982.jpg
20210324_181555.jpg

I like the hood props! NICE!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back