The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Feal Suspension

Solomon's 2GNT Build ('98 RS)

Year
Model/Trim
Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
Today I got the new rack and pinion unit installed. That's one less leak for the car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
A local test n' tune is coming up at the strip. But they won't let you in unless your car is leak free. So I've got to put in some work.

Sounds crazy to say that considering I basically have a new engine. But the valve cover gasket blew out again. So I've got to get that done before I can run.

I'm hoping to be in the high 14's - low 15's. The main thing holding me back from that is traction. Once the car gets off the line, it's scooting. But getting it off the line can take a while. I think I'll need a hefty burnout before sending it.

The GoPro will be mounted of course.

Salty-Seagull

Supporting Member
Jul 16, 2019
Kimball, Michigan
Got a new axle installed. The stock one was really at the end of it's life. The car drives much smoother and quieter.

I did that last year too. What brand did you end up using if you dont mind me asking? I went with Cardone.

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
I did that last year too. What brand did you end up using if you dont mind me asking? I went with Cardone.
I went with GSP. It was the most expensive one that RockAuto stocks so hopefully it's good quality.

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
I got some new ignition parts.

So the stock plug wires make about 600 ohms of resistance. These new plug wires only make 25 ohms of resistance.

And I got some fresh NGK plugs, and gapped them at 0.047". I'm going to give that a shot and hopefully I see gains without a misfire.

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
I decided to run a compression test, just to make sure my rings are properly seated. I'd say everything is sealed up quite nicely.

On cylinder #4, the hose blew off the tester LOL. I guess it has really good compression!

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
I installed some hood struts and deleted the prop rod. In other news, I had an axle come apart. Both axles are new now.

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
I pulled the check engine light bulb. I'm tired of seeing it everytime I drive the car.

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
🤔 Any idea as to what was causing it to go off?
I deleted the EGR system and it was throwing a code for that. I also deleted the EVAP system and it was throwing 2 codes for that. I also deleted the cat and rear 02 sensor so there's 2 more codes... the light would have never turned off so I made it turn off LOL

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
Time for the seasonal valve cover gasket & oil change. This time I was very meticulous and used an OEM gasket. So hopefully it will seal up and I won't be changing it next season.

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
Even though the car has been sitting for over a week, I just wanted to post a few pics I snapped tonight. I've been tinkering here and there but nothing big enough for updates. So you can eyeball these pics and find what I've done... It feels good to be a part of a community that appreciates the work you do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds