The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Sold the DSM; got a newer car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awd4g63

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 22, 2002
Savannah, Georgia
Finally broke down and sold the 93 TSi a few days ago. Just don't have the time in my life right now to play with it, so I needed a reliable mode of transportation besides the bike. Went and looked at a lot of cars for while, and eventually picked a black Golf VR6. I love this thing, it's just so nice and fun to drive... of course it's not quite as fast, but it gets the job done :) Here's a few pics:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What year? How much was it? I really want to get rid of my gst for one of them.

Damn man, I love Golf's :coy: If I could afford one on top of my DSM I'd have one in a second, nice purchase :thumb:

I would have gone with the TDI. More expensive but 45-50 mpg on the freeway is nice.

Actually TDIs are a bad choice, unless you like visiting the dealer every week. I knew 4 people with them, and my father knew 3. They had nothing but complaints about them. They were in for service ALL the time, and im talking anywhere from 2000-2004 models. All of them have since sold theirs back to the dealer. The most recent one was a couple months ago and they traded for a Liberty diesel.

lngbrdr said:
What year? How much was it? I really want to get rid of my gst for one of them.

It's a 2004 and I got it for 20k out-the-door.

It's a beautiful car and everything about it screams european. It's got fantastic build quality and it's decently quick, too. It's just such a nice transition from a DSM :)

Thanks for the comments guys :thumb:

Very nice, I was alos considering one for a daily driver in the future.

4BangR-x said:
Actually TDIs are a bad choice, unless you like visiting the dealer every week. I knew 4 people with them, and my father knew 3. They had nothing but complaints about them. They were in for service ALL the time, and im talking anywhere from 2000-2004 models. All of them have since sold theirs back to the dealer. The most recent one was a couple months ago and they traded for a Liberty diesel.

It's not jsut the TDIs ... it's VWs in general. I work at a VW dealership and we have a 2004 touareg V8. Nothing but problems ... we bought it brand new and it only has 20k on it.

Yea I cant vouch for other VDubs, I know one guy who has a something like a 1984 Golf or rabbit, things a beast! It runs like a champ, he paid around 1000 for it 3 years ago and just had to replace a clutch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back