The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

So... Who decided to do a burnout today on New Year's Eve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm_ribbitpoison

Proven Member
Dec 17, 2020
Cidra, Puerto_Rico
Because I did (alongside with a family member)... we broke the transmission on my RS. LOL.

Oh well, it was in good fun. They are quite pissed, however.

But we had fun.

That's what we do over at my road. We always do burnout as a religion on New Year's Eve.

Whats so fun about a burnout??? I try everything to avoid spinning my tires, meanwhile other people are still entertained by cheap parlor tricks like a burnout for some reason, go watch some top fuel cars, you might then get a new interest in what a car is actually capable of is my suggestion, it will also be cheaper on the budget.

Hey, if burnouts are your thing, that’s awesome! Sorry about your transmission though LOL I don’t really have any traditions, I just kinda do whatever, then go to sleep when I normally do, wake up just before midnight, do the countdown, then go back to bed haha not super exciting I know, but at least this year I stayed up with some friends!

Whats so fun about a burnout??? I try everything to avoid spinning my tires, meanwhile other people are still entertained by cheap parlor tricks like a burnout for some reason, go watch some top fuel cars, you might then get a new interest in what a car is actually capable of is my suggestion, it will also be cheaper on the budget.

I know how you feel. But we just try to have fun by ourselves, we usually enjoy doing burnouts on cheapo cars. It makes us laugh. It makes us happy. It makes us unite together as a family...

Well, at least in my household haha. Only me and my uncle are the only car nuts on the whole household.

Hey, if burnouts are your thing, that’s awesome! Sorry about your transmission though LOL I don’t really have any traditions, I just kinda do whatever, then go to sleep when I normally do, wake up just before midnight, do the countdown, then go back to bed haha not super exciting I know, but at least this year I stayed up with some friends!

Hey, that's alright! We usually do this for fun. Man, 2021 is looking bright so far since we are about to do a project for the Eclipse. We as in, my uncle and I.

On a different note, I can help you with fixing the transmission LOL

My family member would rather get a whole new transmission LOL, the diff popped out of nowhere so yeah... That's gonna be tough he knows a dude that has a spare 420a trans that he might want to get rid of. I'll update more.

Thank you all for the messages!

On a different note, I can help you with fixing the transmission LOL

Hey, just an update... I got a picture of the transmission! Baha! I found the pieces that broke, and here's an image.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yikes!! I would say a transmission replacement is necessary, correct?
I mean, rebuilding would be quite a time consuming thing...
*would probably waste some time*

Looks like you busted the case. Find a replacement and swap it

I'll try and see! Thanks!

And by case, you mean the transfer case or the transmission case? I'm not exactly perfect with English :p

(also, could that explain why the shifting was taking too long on the car? considering it is a manual after all...)

I'll try and see! Thanks!

And by case, you mean the transfer case or the transmission case? I'm not exactly perfect with English :p

(also, could that explain why the shifting was taking too long on the car? considering it is a manual after all...)

By case I mean the housing. There is a hole in it, correct? You don’t have a transfer case. Transfer case are on awd cars and they bolt up to the transmission sending power to the rear differential.

By case I mean the housing. There is a hole in it, correct? You don’t have a transfer case. Transfer case are on awd cars and they bolt up to the transmission sending power to the rear differential.

I see. Thank you! :)

P.S: That's a differential on the picture, right? The part in the middle?

Hey, just an update... I got a picture of the transmission! Baha! I found the pieces that broke, and here's an image.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yikes!! I would say a transmission replacement is necessary, correct?
I mean, rebuilding would be quite a time consuming thing...
*would probably waste some time*
Damn! I've popped the clutch at 7200 rpm before and mine didn't break. That sucks man. But good luck on finding a replacement!

Damn! I've popped the clutch at 7200 rpm before and mine didn't break. That sucks man. But good luck on finding a replacement!

All good! I'm possibly having a new one from the US, however I found out the mount locations on the 420a DSMs and 4G63 DSMs are different (I thought they would be the same like the Mirages...), guess if I wanna do a 4G63 swap, I'm gonna have to use the Evo 8 4G63.

Right now, I'm restoring the car. I have a build thread, and I got a few new parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back