The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

So where is the Constant and the Switch on the drivers side ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There should be 12v sources out of the fuse panel under the dash, easily identified with a multimeter (though I think they're all powered at least with accessory power). You can then use something like this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

to add your device(s). You can order them online or find them at Advance Auto (sometimes... around where I live they usually have one at most on the shelf).

There should be 12v sources out of the fuse panel under the dash, easily identified with a multimeter (though I think they're all powered at least with accessory power). You can then use something like this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

to add your device(s). You can order them online or find them at Advance Auto (sometimes... around where I live they usually have one at most on the shelf).

I dont have a multimeter would you happen to know which fuse would be the 12v source by chance?

If I did I would have told you. Next thing you can do is just wire your boost controller in and start plugging one of these into the fuse slots to try them out.

No, because then your boost gauge will be on all the time and your battery will be drained. What I told you to do will work, just go do it and stop trying to half-ass things and take shortcuts. Doing that is what leaves you on the side of the road.

12 VOLT CONSTANT WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER BLACK/RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER 2 N/A
IGNITION 1 BLACK/WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2 N/A
IGNITION 3 N/A
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 BLUE/BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A
KEYSENSE N/A
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) GREEN/WHITE (-) @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH, GRAY 20-PIN PLUG
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) GREEN/WHITE (+) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS to REAR of VEHICLE
POWER LOCK BROWN/WHITE (TYPE B) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS TO REAR OF VEHICLE
POWER UNLOCK BROWN (TYPE B) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS TO REAR OF VEHICLE
LOCK MOTOR WIRE BLUE/BLACK (+) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS TO REAR OF VEHICLE
DOOR TRIGGER RED/GREEN (-) See NOTE *1 IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS to REAR of VEHICLE.
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER, Requires Part #775 Relay
TRUNK RELEASE N/A
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A
HORN GREEN/BLACK (-) @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
TACH WHITE @ INSTRUMENT CLUSTER or PCM, See NOTE *2
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A
BRAKE GREEN/WHITE (+) @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
FACTORY ALARM DISARM GREEN/WHITE (-) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, IN DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS
ANTI-THEFT N/A
NOTES
NOTE *1 CAN ALSO USE RED/WHITE (-) AT INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. RED/WHITE (-) ALSO CATCHES THE REAR HATCH.

NOTE *2 THE PCM (Powertrain Control Module) IS LOCATED ON THE DRIVERS SIDE OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT OR BEHIND THE CENTER OF THE DASH.

a lot of people tap into the 12v for the stereo, as it's only on when the car is on, and there's a constant 12v line there also, for boost gauges that need it.

No, because then your boost gauge will be on all the time and your battery will be drained. What I told you to do will work, just go do it and stop trying to half-ass things and take shortcuts. Doing that is what leaves you on the side of the road.

Okay so I half assed my way all the way to O'Reillys and bought that Add-A-Circut, Now what

Okay so I half assed my way all the way to O'Reillys and bought that Add-A-Circut, Now what

^^^^LOL^^^^

Half-ass use the radio fuse slot to provide power to your gauge. But, with that you may not be able to place the fuse cover back on.

^^^^LOL^^^^

Half-ass use the radio fuse slot to provide power to your gauge. But, with that you may not be able to place the fuse cover back on.

Whys that will it half-ass blow my sh*& up? Im running my wideband of the radio can it take another constant hmmm I wonder

Here's the end results

What I did was Used the Add a fuse and hooked it up to the gauge from the Door Lock 15 amp fuse in the fuse box next to your foot( as my 12v Constant). Then I routed the black (Ground)to the Chassis, and hooked the the Switch to the Blue cigarette lighter wire(As my Switch).Aye it works like a charm now:thumb: who said I was doing this half ass again?

Attachments

• PART_1382223846708.jpeg
    PART_1382223846708.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back