The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

So what are you working on that’s NOT your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lots of house projects: kitchen remodel, propane install for range, total plumbing makeover, barn shoring-up, shop shoring-up and organizing, etc etc. Haven't touched any of my dsms in about 2 years except to move them from one place to another.

Honestly I haven't touched this in a while, but I have like 50 things going on at once. I'm the least bored person here.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Wait wait! Is this a rep of a superlite / le man car? From scratch! Thats mega !! You building the chassis to the body once made? And i assume once done will make molds incase you need another panel again when racing and knock it

I successfully changed the battery in my kids iPad mini.

Only trouble was I broke the lcd display trying to get to it :ohdamn:

Back in action!

Before too long I'll be putting a clutch kit in the '93 Lude. It still has the original which still functions half decent, but it definitely feels like a 30 year old clutch. It will probably be down for maintenance all winter while I use the '92 GS as a winter beater. That's the plan anyway, but the 4g is only half assembled at the moment LOL . It was 80 degrees today though (broke a record) so I think I have a little bit of time to spare. Salty roads aren't really an issue around here so it shouldn't hurt to drive any of them in the winter if need be.

Wait wait! Is this a rep of a superlite / le man car? From scratch! Thats mega !! You building the chassis to the body once made? And i assume once done will make molds incase you need another panel again when racing and knock it
Yeah you pretty much got it perfectly. I always wanted to make a car from scratch so went for it when I had the time/space/money. No replica so to speak, it's all freehand and organic. No plans. I bought the main components and am working around them. Realized the body dictates how the tube frame will go. Once I get the shape done and mirroring to the other side, which is super difficult, I'll see where I end up. Might look awful, not sure yet. I mean, just body kits look bad usually, so doing an entire car isn't in my favor. Doesn't matter how much time you spend on something, if it sucks - it sucks. Fat chance this all ends up in a dumpster but we'll see. Either way it'll be out of my system.

This thread has gone well, I see many of us doing stuff that doesn’t involve dsm’s and that we actually have money pits other than our dsm’s. With that being said I got the blues mobile (crown Vic) mobile again and back on daily duty. Took my other 90s shit box (Ranger) 150 miles South to our family property in the woods and stashed it away for the winter after a good deep cleaning (just to be covered by dust by April) with my 78 f250 I promise I’m going to get road worthy next year. Made sure to leave something to keep the moisture away along with a treat for any mice that decide it’s nice in there. With a good chunk of my Ford headaches stashed away, next week after family and friends have been here for Thanksgiving full concentration goes to the dsm after a long hiatus.

Developing our basement in the new house.. floor and electrical plans to submit for permits before I go to Vegas for a few days on a security conference.
If anybody else is going to Palo Alto Ignite 22, we should meet for drinks LOL

Two more of these except bigger.. 4ft x 2ft x 2ft, a "full Marty", tuned to ~18Hz with an IXL18-F each powered by their own XLS1502 bridged @4ohm. I was running only one UXL18 here and it's not enough anymore for a large room, and it's only ~2x2x3.

That box reminds me of the Kenwood sub I have in my living room (33'x14') and it sounds amazing. My oldest son thru a party when I was gone one night and not only fried the Kenwood speaker but also managed to kill the amp on it too. I replaced it with a JL Audio speaker and a Dayton Plate 250 watt amp. It makes the surround sound really sound great. It is only a 12 though, jeeze a 18 would rattle the windows ROFL:thumb: I have played with subwoofers since 1984, when I designed my own low pass filter with a fellow electronics nut and he was wondering what I was doing with it, then I told him I would amplify the signal with a big amplifier and have it only produce sounds below 100 Htz. It worked very well and subwoofers weren't a thing back then, in fact, he said to me "What is a Sub Woofer"? It's name says it all. Every car I owned up until the Talons always had one in it.
Nice home built box Curt!!! :) I like that it is unsealed with the port on the bottom, looks slick!

That was just the sub-40Hz queen. The carbon fibre impregnated cone is so sexxxy and thankfully he's making my IXLs with them as well :D

I also have two Dayton PA460-8s in smaller cabinets for the midbass. These will now be powered by a XLS2502 in dual channel 8ohm now. Earlier I was running them in parallel for 4ohms off one channel so that I could also run the UXL off the other channel, albeit considerably under-powered at 775W. My old house had a shitty basement layout but this was shortly after I built them. Oh that TV was so tiny back then..

Due to the room layout it had some pretty nasty voids which I'm hoping will be alleviated with the new layout and double the number of subwoofers.

I'm telling you, stay off avsforum.com. You get bad ideas very fast.

Last edited:
Make that CD bounce for me ROFL

Should be working in some of my dsms but kinda got put on the back burner. Front brakes on my dually were not cheap, towing friends cars for some side money and getting my might max road worthy. Which included brakes fixing a rotted floor adding dsm interior etc let’s all dedicate a day to our dsm they deserve it haha

This is my 2004 5Speed IS300 I picked up back in 2017. It's been sitting for a few years and I started working on it again back in November. I'm starting right where I left off with the body work.

Fenders flares are molded to the car now but I haven't smoothed out the body lines yet. I'm also in the process of making a custom duckbill/trunk with carbon fiber. Once the bodywork is 100% I'll be repainting it Diamond white pearl like factory or maybe Absolute Zero metallic from the MkV supras

I mentioned in another thread I’ve had my garage clogged with everything other than 4g63 junk lately, and brings me to the realization a bunch of us have other garbage to work on wether it’s a daily, winter beater, another fun project, etc, many of us constantly curse ourselves to working on something no matter what it is so it gave me an idea for a thread just to start the small talk. I figured I’ll get the ball rolling.

Currently I’m working on my ‘06 Crown Vic Police Interceptor I call “deep cover”. This has been hands down one of the best cars I’ve ever owned, my wife daily’d it for 6 years hauling the kids to and from school and going to the grocery store. I’ll say from experience, an old police car is ideal for hauling kids around between the vinyl flooring and deferring some from driving like a jackass when they see what looks to be a police car. We have grown to a mini van family so it’s my beater now, I swore up and down all summer I’d fix it and of course procrastinated until I put my ‘94 Ranger in winter storage next week as I’ve dailyd the Ranger since roads got clean in the spring (The DSM and the Ranger don’t come out from early November to mid April, roads are a salty wonderland in that time frame here in Ohio). I bet anyone familiar with the Ford modular V8’s can guess what occurred here…

I have a 99 Crown Vic as my daily. Love the damn thing and it has 360000 miles on the clock and you would never know it by hearing it run. It occasionally smokes blue but I put some Rislone treatment in it and it has never been better. Like you...I love it for hauling the little ones in. It's big inside....huge trunk...V8 power and 20MPG mixed and requires little to no maintenance.

I have a 99 Crown Vic as my daily. Love the damn thing and it has 360000 miles on the clock and you would never know it by hearing it run. It occasionally smokes blue but I put some Rislone treatment in it and it has never been better. Like you...I love it for hauling the little ones in. It's big inside....huge trunk...V8 power and 20MPG mixed and requires little to no maintenance.

Not to mention they are absolute child's play to work on. One of my favorite jobs ever was maintenance/light tech at a Cab company working on those cars all day. I've wanted one ever since then. Honestly an early 00's model would be great, just simple exhaust/intake upgrades, fix the IM with the non-cracking ones, maybe tune it, and enjoy the comfy AF cruiser. Plus it's hilarious how easy it is to get them to do a burnout.

Not to mention they are absolute child's play to work on. One of my favorite jobs ever was maintenance/light tech at a Cab company working on those cars all day. I've wanted one ever since then. Honestly an early 00's model would be great, just simple exhaust/intake upgrades, fix the IM with the non-cracking ones, maybe tune it, and enjoy the comfy AF cruiser. Plus it's hilarious how easy it is to get them to do a burnout.
That’s what I was just doing to mine! Let it sit all summer then replaced the cracked intake with one of the Dorman “revised” jobs. I bought it almost 7 years ago with 100k on it, wife drove it for 6 years until we added a 4th kid and got the mini van, now it hauls me to work. At 168k and almost 7 years it’s just now starting to need front brakes, but has never ran better. I don’t drive the dsm or my Ranger from November to April and the thing never lets me down, however once the roads are clean in the spring I’m going to daily the dsm since it’s been off the road going on 3 years and I’m having my first mid life crisis and want to daily drive a 92 Eclipse one more time before it’s “too old”.

I’ll be moving (again) to a more expensive city, and my first project when I get back is to dust off my 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR. It’s 1 of 52 ACR coupes in this color for 1998, I paid $225 for it at a salvage auction in 2010 and saved it from the scrapper. It was bad.

I have only driven my automatic Infiniti G37X tank for the past few years, and since the Evo is nowhere near done, this is the right answer to get me in a fun car again.

It needs:
Clutch (ordered from RockAuto, $42!!)
Clutch cable (ordered)
Engine coolant pipes (ordered) and cooling system overhaul
Mild rebuild on the 2.0 DOHC, basically timing belt and head gasket job
And a bunch of odd jobs to make it useable daily

I already have a new set of Koni struts, 14:1 steering rack and poly bushings on the car, it handled quite well. The interior was done and looks really nice, just needs an audio upgrade.

With a few minor upgrades, basically to STS autocross spec, it should be a fun 135whp car to boot around in while I gather the funds to continue on the Evo. I can’t tell you how nice it is finding needed parts in junkyards, and I can’t believe how low the prices are on fixing this thing.

Worked on the Datsun clutch yesterday. And I will be shuffling things around so I can bring the new toy in to begin work on it. I hope to have this on the road in the next 4-6 weeks.

@Canadian_CD9A ,That little thing reminds me of my DD Saturn SC2 3 door coupe. 38mpg, easy to work on, has 320k on the clock but only 62k on the motor that I taught my son engine rebuilds with. Like you, I can still find parts in a junkyard for it if needed, but luckily, it hasn't needed anything (its made of aluminum and plastic so it doesn't rust out easy).

@Canadian_CD9A ,That little thing reminds me of my DD Saturn SC2 3 door coupe. 38mpg, easy to work on, has 320k on the clock but only 62k on the motor that I taught my son engine rebuilds with. Like you, I can still find parts in a junkyard for it if needed, but luckily, it hasn't needed anything (its made of aluminum and plastic so it doesn't rust out easy).

Sweet, my brother has a 2002ish SL1 stashed in a barn for when he finally lets his 1998 Civic (with like 500,000km on the clock) die. We had some SC1, SC2, SL1 and SL2s back in the day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back