The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

So..street outlaws..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HA way out of the loop, buddy at work was saying something about it but I thought he was talking about a re-run. And I'm the only one in the world without facebookLOL

So sick for Trevor, awesome seeing him kill it! I love that he makes chief take back what he said about Mitsu!! Can't wait to see him kick some butt again on the show ;). He can easily take boosted gt, and kamikaze and I'm sure a few others. I think they should have brought a few more dsm's rather than those mazdas haha

Last edited:
It was very cool that he pulled the win, especially since all the rotary guys were getting killed buy the 405. Too bad the supra couldn't make the pass though cause that would have been a good race for sure.

There is a large amount of people wishing Trevor would have called out one of the top five guys but a win is a win and he took the car home running. I feel like had Chuck been able to hook it would have been a little more interesting but still think Trevor would have beaten him regardless.

Definitely a boost for the DSM community! That car is built very well and has been performing nicely all year. Outlaw Armageddon, WCF, Street Outlaws, DSM Shootout (broke but fixed), etc

Been waiting on that episode for a long time. DSM - REPRESENTED! They even mentioned "DSM" as they were talking crap. Way to go Trevor Holland. Love it love it love it! :talon::dsm::laser: :applause:

very nice, as soon as I saw last week a dsm was going to run, I figured they would stage him to loose. So happy he drug chuck car.

While it was cool that the dsm was the only import to win LOL, it was only chuck and he loses every week. Chief or murdernova would have gapped him by bus lengths. Murdernova ran a 4.42@177 on a small tire back in march. So imagine the big tire time. For comparison the dsm goes 5.40's in the 1/8th. Thats giving up like 15+ cars in the 1/8th.

While that's true, you certainly can't take away from what trevor is doing it worth vs mudernova.

4 8.5wide qtp's not even real slicks.....
Also remember our driveline stuff that's sized about right for a golfcart.

Murdernova is a twin turbo big - BBC. I'm sure it's on a pair of 88's or bigger. Trevor is on a single 76 or something in that area.

Also if murder made a good pass it would have been bus lengths, if he blew the tires off, game over.

While that's true, you certainly can't take away from what trevor is doing it worth vs mudernova.
Murdernova is a twin turbo big - BBC. I'm sure it's on a pair of 88's or bigger. Trevor is on a single 76 or something in that area.
Also if murder made a good pass it would have been bus lengths, if he blew the tires off, game over.

Yeah not saying he isnt fast. An 8 second car is fast no matter how you go about it.

But chief and murdernova are on another level. If murder blew the tires off he'd just reset, plant, and still gap him. For one because he can drive and for two they are not on the same level. Talking about over a second and a half in the 1/8th LOL.

Murder trapped 7mph more in the 1/8th on a small tire then the dsm did in the 1/4 mile....

That show was a great example of why imports are never on that show. Just like the 1200whp gtr that was beat by an extended cab pickup truck. Chuck is a low 9 second car and he loses every week, mostly driver error too. Every event he goes to he loses and almost wipes out his car. I dont know why hes even on the show.

The dsm is just lucky it didnt break. Because that would have been true dsm style right there.

4 8.5wide qtp's not even real slicks.....
Also remember our driveline stuff that's sized about right for a golfcart.

I really dislike this argument too. Import guys purposly handicap themselves with awd, small unbuildable drivetrain, and a small engine. So you cant make a case of a self inflicted handicap.

I really dislike this argument too. Import guys purposly handicap themselves with awd, small unbuildable drivetrain, and a small engine. So you cant make a case of a self inflicted handicap.

Well that's dumb. The street guys purposely handicap themselves by running on a unprepared street, and not purpose built race cars. They'd go much faster on lots of tire with a prepped surface and some extended chassis with better aero. So why are they handicapping themselves with a back-road and a 70's muscle car.

For that matter were all handicapping yourself by not running fuel dragsters.....They figured out how to put em down a sand track, I'm sure they could figure out how to put them down the street.

I'd think rau's old car would have put it on any of them... If that ran 6.80s then it was mid 4's in the 1/8...4 banger and a stick shift....

Well that's dumb. The street guys purposely handicap themselves by running on a unprepared street, and not purpose built race cars. They'd go much faster on lots of tire with a prepped surface and some extended chassis with better aero. So why are they handicapping themselves with a back-road and a 70's muscle car.

They do prep the street, they do have purpose built race cars, they do have lots of tire....

Watch the faster gtr's guys, what good is awd when you're lifting the front tires? Other than dead weight and more shit to break?

I'd think rau's old car would have put it on any of them... If that ran 6.80s then it was mid 4's in the 1/8...4 banger and a stick shift....

Murdernova ran 4.4 on a small tire, so hes low 4's on big tire, and chief is a good bit faster than him....

I thought is was hilarious how they said typical import blowing the trans. Yet most of them blow there motors every other race LOL. And Derek keeps blowing his trans at that haha.
Have you been to dsm shootout before? LOL. Its fun to watch, but its almost an embarrassing event for imports/sport compacts because literally every other car breaks and half the day is spent on clean up.

No kinda live on a island LOL. And that's how drag racing goes. Esp the shoutout everyone's trying to really push there setups LOL. Anyways, hope they have another import vs muscle episode. And a few more dsm's to throw down :) Trevor really made dsm's look good by pulling the only win!

Last I checked twin turbo fox's weren't a slouch anywhere. For that matter what murder nova runs at a fully prepped track as opposed to what it runs on the street are two different things. I'm also of the opinion Rau's old car would be in the top two of the list, if not number one. Regardless all of that is heresay at this point. Facts are chuck got stomped, and it's a twin turbo fox that can run really well when it can get traction. Out of the hole, both cars had traction and trevor pulled two cars and stayed there until Chuck started dancing. Even without spinning, it would've ended the same way.

Also, FWIW, Trevors car is in the 7's. Double FWIW, listen carefully to the audio. He lets off the throttle at the 3/4 mark[Trevor].

This had to have been some of their highest ratings in awhile. So when they do this again I hope more serious import/tuner competitors show up like English Racing, any of the big name PR rotary guys in the low 6's, maybe even Ekanoo racing's white 5 second supra could show up. :)

They are not going to bring that supra to a street race LOL. I know its prepped and blocked off but no matter what they do it will over power the road. I would like to see Jeff Bush or Boostin performance out there. At the end of the day though imports really dont have a chance to compete against the fast guys. Trevors car is one of the fastest dsms running right now and he beat one of the slower cars on the list. RWD + big motor is just better than a small motor and AWD.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back