The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

So, someone STOLE my carbon fiber hood...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey man just be glad they didn't A: #### something up while trying to take it off. Or B: Beat the shit out of your car for shits and giggles.
My dads got a jeep and as every wrangler has its day where someone steals something, It just happened to be the stereo that day. Well if any of you have newer wranglers, you know that the front panel that goes over your stereo and ac controls is plastic and held on by snap in clips.
Well these morons took a crow bar to that. Broke the windshield in the process and ####ed up the defrost vent when the damn thing comes off with slight pressure. THEN they RIPPED open the center console when it was UNLOCKED. So now the center console doesn't even snap shut it just sits there.
Just be glad you had smart theifs! Not ####in morons.

AW4G63 said:
I'm very serious. My car has a button, but it doesn't look like a typical button under there.

Go out there and check it out for yourself. You'd be suprised how many cars do.
ithat how i pop my hood to work on pulling my motor....i lost my key and never have gotten around to getting another one.
but that sux to hear about you hood

OMG guys....get this. I GOT MY HOOD BACK! I told my friend that my hood was stolen and that the "suspect" was a silver RS. He knew a kid that would steal stuff that drives a silver RS in Nautica (a local neighborhood). Me and my dad rush over and meet my friend to lead us to his house. We get there and MY HOOD IS ON HIS CAR! HAHA! We call the cops, press charges and I leave with my hood in the back of the Jeep.

He wasnt arrested because he "had possesion of stolen goods"...supposedly there are no leads to him stealing the hood, but he could be charged for theft if he doesnt come forward with who he bought it for...he said he bought it for $50 bucks from some kid. But he is getting a bunch of charges thrown at him. I now have my hood back and everything is back to normal!

Awesoem!!! Did you already order a new CF hood? that would suck, but then i could buy it off you :D

some people are SO stupid.

ILLiCliPSE said:
OMG guys....get this. I GOT MY HOOD BACK! I told my friend that my hood was stolen and that the "suspect" was a silver RS. He knew a kid that would steal stuff that drives a silver RS in Nautica (a local neighborhood). Me and my dad rush over and meet my friend to lead us to his house. We get there and MY HOOD IS ON HIS CAR! HAHA! We call the cops, press charges and I leave with my hood in the back of the Jeep.

He wasnt arrested because he "had possesion of stolen goods"...supposedly there are no leads to him stealing the hood, but he could be charged for theft if he doesnt come forward with who he bought it for...he said he bought it for $50 bucks from some kid. But he is getting a bunch of charges thrown at him. I now have my hood back and everything is back to normal!

Wow..fu(king kid. Exactly how old is he?? I'd set the little bastard's damn car on fire in the middle of the night.

Glad to hear you got your hood back, that little bastard....... Now you can put the money you were gonna spend on a new hood into a better alarm system so it will actually go off if something like that ever happens again!!!

its the man above telling you cars that purposely have different color body parts are ghey.

hah just kidding. sucks it got stolen. oh well, now you get ubercool underhood temps.

ILLiCliPSE said:

Every idiot has their day of reckoning.

I am glad you received your hood though. Definitely a reason to :D

ya it was a GREAT feeling.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE THE BOLTS ARE THAT ATTATCH TO THE HOOD HINDGES?

IM MISSING THEM NOW AND NEED TO RE-INSTALL MY HOOD, BUT I DONT HAVE THE BOLTS SINCE THEY GOT LOST IN ITS "TRIP"

I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT I NEED TO GET FROM HOME DEPOT OR ADVANCED AUTO....THANKS

ILLiCliPSE said:

glad to see you got it back!!!

you should have punched him in the face

LOL

Awesome, Glad to see there is still some Justice in this world, I hate stealing, little shits like that deserve to have a finger severed. :p

yeah i would have beaten his ass, then took the hood off, then torched his car while i piss on his face.

Sweet man. Glad to hear you got it back. Some people are morons.. :rolleyes:

This country needs to start chopping hands off..& quick..that'd deter crime a helluva lot better than anything else. Seriously..how fu(king hard is it to go through life & not steal or rape or murder or rob?? I don't see why it's such a hard concept to grasp..don't break the damn law! It's so simple...I hate people. :|

You are one of the very very very lucky few my friend! You dont know how many people will never see their expensive parts again :(

My friend got his bike jacked one time when I was like 15. My friends and I told him we should just go home but he ran around and found the kid with his bike like a block away just chilling! I wish I could have seen the look on his face when my friend started screaming at him at the top of his lungs! ROFL

ROFL ROFL ROFL If you park a car in your driveway, install a camera on the garage. Get a bluetooth or x10 cam they work great and are very affordable.

It sucks he didnt get arrested, maybe if his DAMN parents didnt sexually assult or abuse him as a child he wouldnt be such a god damn fool.

most kids steal stuff because they are used to getting what they want and if they don't have the money for something, they will just take it because they "HAVE" to have it.

like say my wallet, today, with my drivers licence, a flat key to my minivan (since I always lock myself out) and a lot of other personal useless things,....

SERIOUSLY, YOU COULD HAVE JUST TAKEN MY MONEY, BASTARD!!!!!

Ahhh, thats good to hear you got it back.

Once my friend Mark had his rims stolen. It had a very distinct curb rash mark.... it looked like a certain part of the female anatomy. He even had a picture of it with them on his car (Red SRT4) Anywho, we are driving in my car and we see a white car with the same rims pulling out the parking lot of the commisary. Just for the hell of it, my friends says "Hey follow that car, I want to see if those are my Rims." We follow the car and it parks on the street near a house. A 16-17 yr old kid gets out, all gangsta wigger like, and goes into the house. We drive on by and park a block away, we casually stroll down the neighborhood and he looks at one of the rims. I REALLY didn't expect these to be his rims, I just thought this guy happened to have the same rims. But my friend goes "HOLY SH*T, THOSE ARE MY RIMS!!" I was like "Wha?!?" He starts to bolt for the door at the house. I grab his arm and say "Whoa relax, we'll come back."

Well later we come back and the car is gone. We planned on just swapping the rims out and letting that car sit on the hubs. So we brought his SRT4 and my buddy brough his Dodge Ram, BIG TRUCK. 35" Tires 7" lift, STEEL Brush Gaurd. So we go down the block and the kid comes back in an hour and pulls into the driveway. We decide to just call the police, so we call them. And I guess the kid recongized the SRT4, because he looked at us and ran from the door to his car. Before I knew what the f*ck was going on. I heard tires howling like a banshee, but the kid didn't even get in his car. The Dodge Ram flies by us and into the drive way and just rams the SH*T out of the car, blocking him in the drive way. I was all like OMG,

The kid get out his POS car and is yelling some shit. Me and Mark drive down and get out the car, Mark is read to kick his ass. The kid is yelling how his dad is some hot shot officer or whatever and how we are going to get kicked out the military.

Now I have a way with words, I'm very rational. The kid is screaming, my friends are screaming and I tell my buddies to hush up for a sec, and I step in front of them. The kid looks at me at starts screaming "What N*gga?!?! What N*gga!?" I held back from laughing, remember this is a white kid. I wait for him to stop screaming, he goes on for a bout another 30 seconds. So he calms down a little and I start talking in a calm voice. "We know this is his (pointing to Mark) rims, we called the MP's already. Now you say that your dad is a officer, and I can see that he is a Major. Here are your options, you can either give us back our rims and we'll just leave" At this point he cut me-off. "BIOAHHTCH, what the f*ck am I going to be about my mother f*cking car." I continue "OR we can let the MP's sort it out, my friend will say he was acting in defending his property, he'll get a ticket. His insurance won't cover it because of that (which I didn't even know if that was true or not, but it sounded good), We have pictures of the rims with distinct damage before you stole it proving that it belonged to him and we reported them stolen last week (which we didn't), so you are going to get caught, and because you are causing problems in the community, your father will lose command sponsorship and your father will stay here while you and your family are sent back home." This is when I broke through, his demenor changed. So I kept nailing on how he would be without his dad for the next 2-3 years, etc, etc. but somewhere in that topic his dad showed up. And then he was all gangsta again. "Ahhhh, ya'll b*tches are in trouble now, ahhh you gonna get it, ahhhh blah blah blah." I met his father at his car and told him everything. The father smacks the kid in the back of the head. And in a MEAN ASS VOICE yells "GET YOUR A*S IN THE HOUSE!!!" The kid turns into a little girl and start sobbing and runs into the house like a flaming h*mo. The Major apologized and asked us what we prefer to do about it.

In the end the MP's showed up and we told them it was a misunderstanding and they left. The Major took the car away (I think he junked it), the kid never had a car from then on and apologized. No one got a ticket or report. And Mark got his rims back. I wouldn't have done it that way, but it worked out and was cool as hell to watch.

NICE man, great to hear. Did you save that hair you talked about? Did you tell the cops? someone stole my friends wheels and the police used hair we found to nail the guy.

As long as they have a suspect it's feasable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back