The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

So Saturday was my 21st birthday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk95gs

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Havre De Grace, Maryland
And it started off on a crappy note.

My license has been suspended since Dec., so I had to go to the MVA to get an ID card, so I could go out and celebrate tonight at the nice bars that actually check those things. After 45 mins of waiting in line, get my picture taken, blah blah blah, the woman tells me that it will be MAILED out to me in 2 WEEKS. Wow. 2 WEEKS. My birthday is today, not 2 weeks. In MD, you have to change your ID when you turn 21 to have a 'under 21 alcohol restriction' removed from the face of the card, just for legitimacy and to prevent people using fake IDs I guess. Now when I asked her why I couldn't have it today, she said it's for reasons being that people can't just come in there and get an ID of someone else (identity theft)

Now, I understand that, but my problem is that it's not like I just walked in off the street. I've been in the system for 4 years, and my picture/info is all right there...all she had to do was print it. So that basically limited me to doing the normal shit, and just hanging out at someones house. Long story short, all of my friends and my girlfriend planned a last-minute surprise party which totally caught me off guard. That meant a lot.

ANYWAY. I check my email yesterday. 5 forums that I am a member of send my Happy Birthday emails...forums I rarely post on.

-mdstreetscene.com
-supraforums.com
-honda-acura.net
-jdmuniverse.com
-rxtuner.com

Notice what site is missing? The only one I frequent...that's right, DSMtuners.com. Thanks for the birtday wishes! :notgood:

Haha. I'm just kidding, it just made me laugh because how random it was. So anyway, to sum it up, turning 21 is just a big hyped up bunch of nothing. It was fun while it lasted!

Now I can look forward to the underagers phone calls..."Dude, you trying to get us a keg?" "Trying to buy me a 30 of _______?" :coy:

screw you and your birthday!!!

Well when you do go out make sure you have a driver and you get TANKED!

Haha thanks. I did go out, during the day for a few hours with my mom and her boyfriend. That may sound lame, but she's been a bartender for 26 years and her boyfriend works for Anheiser/Busch :thumb:

So I got into a FEW bars with those 2 and got served, but other than that I couldn't go out with my friends and act stupid LOL.

Always have the DD, 2 of my best friends don't drink, but like to go out and make fun of us when we get mashed up.

happy birthday dude.

It looks like I'll have to go through that too next year when I turn 21. Stupid MD...

There is a way around it.

Get your ID like 3 or 4 weeks before your 21st bday. Then on the day of your 21st, go into the MVA with the ID card (cause you should have it by then) and they said they can lift the restriction and give you the new over 21 card then.

How was I supposed to know?

But now you do, so don't let them try to spoil your birthday! Cause that's crap dude. So remember to call me to go out for a drink since, you know, I DID inform you of this :thumb: LOL.

laserspeeddemon said:
Yea, my 21st sucked too. I was drinking since I was 19. Constantly too. BUt I was in Germany and the legal drinking limit is 18. HAH! :thumb:

Well, I have been doing the same and really don't enjoy it too much now that I finally started to get the hangover portion of the whole deal. It would have been nice to go out and make my friends all pay for drinks though LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back