The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

So isn't this some ####

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdrew5

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2009
jacksonville, Florida
I'm on my way to my girlfriends house for the first dinner with her parents. Car starts fine acts fine. 2 miles aways from to house I feel the clutch not pooping back up so I give it some pump, doesn't help hits the floor doesn't come back up in the middle of a shift so I coast off the road have to call my mother to bring her truck take her back home and now I'm on my way and alrfeady 8 mins late :( ####ing dsms
DSM!

If you're lucky you'll just have to bleed the clutch, if you're not lucky the fork broke and you'll have to drop your trans.

Idk its weird (I've bleed the clutch 4 times) it snaps to the floor u have to get ## hand down there and pull it up after a point its almost like its spring loaded to shoot to the floor and not come up, its sitting in a bar parking lot tonight ill tow it in the morning. It happened before I left it cool down over night it was fine then I just bleed the clutch and it never happened again till now.

DSM!

I taught my clutch to use the toilet but it doesn't know how to flush. Kinda like Mr. Jinks.

Anywho I'm pretty sure it's your clutch master cylinder. They are not that cheap from the dealer like $80-$100 but you can get one for $25 off ebay. I used it before and it was fine.

Im going with a hole some where in the hydraulic system. your just going to have to check the fluid level first in the clutch master, if its full then check clutch fork. If its not full, fill it and have someone help you bleed the system and look for leaks.

As for the clutch Pooping... this is exactly why i don't feed mine ;)

mine did that when my throwout bearing broke the connectors off.

[QUOTEyour just going to have to check the fluid level first in the clutch masterQUOTE]

there is plenty of fluid i even topped it off in the parking lot in my dress clothes when i was bleeding it when it first happened.

ok guys when i get the car back to the house later today i will get it up in the air and check some stuff out ill let yal know as soon as i get my hands dirty. thanks for the help and the IRONY of this whole situation i met her parents lastnight and 24 hours later they have still yet to say anything about me LOL.

Ok so is there a way to test the master cylinder? Or a slave cylinder. I will post pics in a little while but is there away I have no leaks no nothing.

DSM!

When was your clutch change. Sounds like your clutch is out. When my clutch was out clutch pedal wouldn't come back up, get's half way and stays there.
I thought it was no big deal until I did all the freebies like check fluid and slave cylinder and all i had left was the clutch, dropped it and then my disk was all ate up, so close that it would of scratch my flywheel.

Well I'm with the car now. Turns out the master cylinder was bone dry. But when I filled it up I'm still not getting any pressure build up in the clutch pedal. So when the truck gets here ill get it home and up on jackstands and update with pics.

DSM!

ok cars here im headed out now,

I taught my clutch to use the toilet but it doesn't know how to flush. Kinda like Mr. Jinks.

Anywho I'm pretty sure it's your clutch master cylinder. They are not that cheap from the dealer like $80-$100 but you can get one for $25 off ebay. I used it before and it was fine.

you can find a clutch master cylinder, very cheap on the dsm classifieds probably less than $25 shipped.

I'm determinded its the clutch master cylinder. When I get a monkey to pump the clutch and I'm under the car the slave cylinder doesn't move what do ever. And there's no leaks, so I'm in the process of taking it out and I'm having trouble with getting the hard line off LOL. But dinners here so I'm eating now.

DSM!

Well i bought my master from a guy on here and I bough some SS line from STM and it rocks . Best way to check is pump the clutch and looks for fluid around the slave if there is none check by the master on the firwall inside the cab of the car . ###### find some there

Master is outta the car and its really nasty and black stuff coming out of the little clear thing. Not the res but the other one. So I'm replacing it cause its not builind gpressure for some reason, and its not allowing the slave to move. So I think its gone bad. Ill be buying a new one sometime week. Anything got any idea? I can post pics if want just say what of.

DSM!

DSM!

Advance Auto also sells a clutch master rebuild kit for about 15 bucks and they are easy to rebuild. When I rebuilt mine, I even made the slot on the piston wider and tapped the hole in the housing to a bigger size bolt to avoid getting "pump up" by the relief valve not being open.

I kno nothing about them. Orileys sells a fresh one for 25 I think that's the route I will go, but does it sound like that's my issue? The master.

DSM!

I would still check the slave just in case but it sounds like the master . Keep us updated

Slave/Master have been replaced but my engage/disengage is a very short push and its all the way to the floor like 2 inches in and out, it has to be on the floor to shift, but i have other problems now like the battery not holding a charge, my dash lights going dim/off when i touch the brakes. of ya my cars FUDGED up LOL

thats and easy fix theres a pushrod on the clutch that ataching the master to the pedal . There is a bold you hold onto and twist the pushrod that will adjust the engagement point . There was a tech post somewhereo n here about it . But it is really easy you need I think either a 10 mm wrench or a 12 not sure the size anymore and vice grips or you hand if you got a good grip . Turn the push rod like 1 -2 two turns and test the engagement point and do it until you like it
easy way to check the alt is to take the hot cable off the cars battery while runing , if it doesn't die the alt is fine forthe most part . The battery might be weak and need a full charge or it might need replaced .or one of the cables going to the batter might have a small short

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back