The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

So I'm gonna build a sub box today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back when I was 16, I was hardcore ricer and big into car stereo's.

My system consisted of 2 Audiobahn Flame Q 12's, powered by a Directed 1100d amp. I custom built the box to spec at 2.5 cu. ft. internal dimensions tuned to 38hz. This setup hit 155.9 db.

No carpet for the win!

Now, I rock the stock radio with blown speakers, and GO FAST!!!

Flame on

Im feeling that grand am with the big ol fart cannons danny boy. Did you make a pvc cold air intake also? :rocks:

I don't know if you would like to call a big a$$ box with 2 15's in it clean?!? personally, i jus think its the easy way out. Why not take the time and make something that looks clean instead of a "normal big box" that takes up all your room and does nothing for the appearance of your car?? Not to mention, theres no way with both of those 15's in that box and the little trunk that you have them in, that you have the corect amount of volume for the amount of power that the subs are putting out. Im not trying to be a jerk or anything, im just telling you that its not real impressive, an it doesnt really do anything for the look of the car. If it means anything, the box was put together well. haha.

I didn't build the box so it would look pretty, I built it to the JL spec's that is why it is the size that it is, and I was going to have the subs face towards the hatch, and make a cover to smooth it all out. But it just bangs that much harder facing the back ,so that is how it ended up.I'm going to limo tint the back window and no one will be able to see it anyways.

I'm going to post up a video in a few days.

Taylor

2 15's is ungodly amounts of retarded bass for a car.

im still into big nice stereo builds, as long as they are not in my car anymore.

heres what i just finished for my buddy's impala:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and im sure most remember my adventures with Fiberglass:

right now in my 03 Cobra i just stuck a 400w Kicker amp, a 10" RF Punch P2 in a sealed box. simple and effective, easily removed (for track days).

to the OP: are each sub independently sealed (IE a devider between the two) and is the volume within spec?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back